Selling a Landcruiser 100 series

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:55
ThreadID: 8511 Views:1806 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys,

we're leaving Perth in January for a 7 month trip around Australia. I bought a L/C GXL 100 series and added all the tools for a big trip. (Roof rack, GPS, Dual Batteris, UHF, Fidge etc.)
So we will be back in Perth around the end of July.
After that period we have to go back to Europe but before that we got to sell the car and the rest of the stuff.
Now I'm not sure if I should sell the car as it is, looking like a hotel on wheels or strip it and make it a citycruiser again.
Of course al depends on the sellingprice of al the goodies seperatly and the time it takes with the sellingproces.
Is there someone out there who has some experience with this or could give some tips or even buy it of me by then?

Thanks in advance

See ya around, Willem van Mil
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mark from Getaway Portable Refrigerator Hire - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 18:43

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 18:43
Hi Willem, The general view (and I might be proven wrong) is that if you sell it with all the fruit to a market looking for such a vehicle ie someone doing the same as you then you should have some bargaining. If however you are looking at a dealer, then definately take all the fruit off (except duel batteries or other items that would be hard to sell individually) It is really a case of "sucking it and seeing" ie set your price for the whole lot (although the Fridge and GPS I would sell individually) and if you don't get what you want, strip it and sell items individually. You don't want a potential buyer thinking that the vehicle has done the Paris to Dakar Rally just because it is kitted out.

Not sure if this helps

Regards

Mark
AnswerID: 37218

Reply By: Member - Eric- Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 07:28

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 07:28
Easy answer , Geared up always sells best, if you cant get the dollars your chassing then take some gear off to sell individualy . If selling from Melbourne , give me a call lol 0418364781Venus Bay
AnswerID: 37266

Reply By: Stonebreaker - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:59

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:59
Hi Willem,

I'm a "Dutchie" too, and planning a trip to Australia starting around august/september next year, and i'll be looking for just such a vehicle. Maybe we can work out some deal. Gimme an email on steenbreker@yucom.be with some details of your L/C and accessories and i'll get back at you.

Groeten, Piet
AnswerID: 37353

Sponsored Links