Oziexplorer frustration

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 00:43
ThreadID: 85333 Views:3001 Replies:5 FollowUps:13
This Thread has been Archived
Please help oziexplorer is open i mark a waypoint and have a track, i go to save top 2nd line save in waypoint and then save track, when when i cancel oxiexplorer it says do you want to save waypoint and same with track. I went into file top left save file in waypoint and track, done all that still not saving.
Please help.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 01:20

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 01:20
Hi

Your issue is slightly ambiguous. So you save a file (waypoint or track) in a certain folder and it is not actually created? ....or the file you save is empty (shows no waypoints or track) when re-opened in OziExplorer?

What version of OziExplorer? If you are using the "Trial" (unregistered) version you can't save waypoints or tracks. I'll start with that explanation until you provide more info.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 449796

Follow Up By: Member - MYPRADO - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 01:42

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 01:42
Will get back to you, my son loaded files. I can put in waypoints though.
Thanks Mario.
FollowupID: 722201

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 01:55

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 01:55
Hi

Your son loaded what files? Please be more specific. The waypoints/tracks or the program itself? The registered version of Ozi costs $$ - so I am beginning to think you are using an unregistered version considering dialogue from you so far.

Trial version comes up with splash screen saying just that ...it is a trial version, so it should be apparent if this is the issue. If you are running the trial version then yes, you can "put in" waypoints but as stated...you can’t save them.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 722202

Follow Up By: Member - MYPRADO - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 02:29

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 02:29
A simple question was asked so don't throw offensive accusations, your help is not needed as of now, thank you.
FollowupID: 722203

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 03:24

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 03:24
Apologies - not sure where I went wrong.

Anyway - I think, based in limited info provided, that you maybe using the unregistered trial version of ozi hence your problems. If you look in the Oziexplorer folder there should be two *.exe files. One is OziExpTrial.exe the other is most likely OziExp.exe or similar. Try OziExp.exe if you want to save waypoints and tracks ...though it also has limitations (such as you can only open *.bmp images.

If you want full functions you need to fork out some $ and get a registration code. I could of course be completely wrong - maybe someone else has an idea?

Good luck - always frustrating learning new programs,and again sorry if some of my responses sounded offensive.

Cheers
Greg

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 722204

Follow Up By: Member - Mike - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:05

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:05
Hi Greg
I think you said it all -
Considering how you tried to help I don't believe any apologies are required.
Probably a trial version - trying to do it on the cheap.
My Ozi works fine with waypoints etc - probably because I paid for it!!
Cheers
Mike

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 722210

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:08

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:08
"MYPRADO posted:
A simple question was asked so don't throw offensive accusations, your help is not needed as of now, thank you."

Yeah Greg, how dare you try to help someone who can't explain themselves properly, and then gets offended when asked for more information in order to help them.

Mario, WHAT is your problem? You asked for help, used poor grammar in your question which was very vague anyway, then attacked the very person who was trying to help you, despite your "issues"

How Bloody rude.

FollowupID: 722211

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 09:11

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 09:11
Hi MYPRADO

Not taking sides her, but when it comes to Ozi issues, you will find Greg would be one of the top people her on the forum to help out and is a wealth of knowledge. The questions that he was asking were trying to get to the bottom of your problem and to get it sorted out for you.

I hope things do sort themselves out, as Ozi is a top tool when on the road and for trip planning.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 722219

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:58

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:58
No big deal

...mmm further investigation suggests it may not be related to the Trial version ...but that may depend on what version of Ozi is being used - I am not sure. I can not recreate the problem as described with the Trial version I have (3.95.5k).

The website says that you can not save waypoints and tracks with the Trial version (hence my initial suggestion that this was the likely problem)....but with the Trial version I have, you can save tracks ...but not waypoints and if you mark waypoints, the save waypoints is greyed out AND there is no warning when you close OziExplorer that they need to be saved. So all that doesnt fit the symptoms you have observed. Got me stumped!

While I'm a bit scared to ask for some more info :) it would be handy if you could tell us what version you are using (i.e. version number, registered or otherwise) and some more detail on the process you are following plus any error messages etc. Also on what operating system are you running the program (XP, Windows 7, Vista)?

Sometimes a re-install of the program will fix problems or even a simple reboot so maybe try that.

Cheers
Greg

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 722231

Follow Up By: Member - MYPRADO - Friday, Apr 01, 2011 at 22:08

Friday, Apr 01, 2011 at 22:08
I sorted it out myself, all someone had to say was press this and that button and thats how you save WP and tracks, so much for help, for those who tried to help thanks, the rest of you get off this site.
FollowupID: 722487

Reply By: paulnsw - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:32

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:32
I teach cartography and OziExplorer and cannot understand your issue.
AnswerID: 449806

Follow Up By: SCUBADOO - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:51

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:51
So you are dumb - just like the rest of us. (:
FollowupID: 722213

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:50

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:50
Hi Mario,
I also think you have only the trial version loaded. To get the full version you pay the money on the website and they will send you a registration code that converts it into a full working version.

Cheers
Phil
AnswerID: 449807

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:03

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:03
Oddly enough I've recently transfered a trackfile from my SD card onto my work computer (yes it is a registered version), and the file doesn't appear in the Track File folder within the DATA folder when I want to reload the file via the Load Track function. Got me beat where it is. But if I go back to the C Drive and search for it there in my Ozi directory I find it there.

One of those little frustrations.

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 449821

Reply By: Steve M1 (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 15:32

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 15:32
I recently purchased this from ExploreOz shop and having installed the software it implied I was using a trial version. We re-installed and all went well. Maybe we missed something out first time????
AnswerID: 449851

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 16:40

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 16:40
Hi

Trial version and Demo version are both installed by default when the program is loaded to the PC. Normally you will end up with two shortcuts on your desktop - one for each.

Once you enter a registration code the Demo version (OziExp.exe...or similar) is "activated" and has full functionality. The trial version (OziExpTrial.exe) remains in the installation directory (and as a shortcut on the desktop unless you delete it) and is not affected by entering a registration code.

Well this is my understanding of the situation but havent actaully done a fresh install onto a PC for a while so I could be wrong about some of the finer details.

Cheers
Greg

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 722247

Follow Up By: Steve M1 (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 18:37

Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 18:37
there were three of us all having a go at it - you know what happens: we all thought the other had entered the registration code. That's my guess anyway. A bit like loading the car. Worse thing you can do is have more than one person doing it. 200 kms up the road "oh, I thought you put that in"

;)
FollowupID: 722268

Follow Up By: Member - MYPRADO - Friday, Apr 01, 2011 at 22:07

Friday, Apr 01, 2011 at 22:07
I sorted it out myself, all someone had to say was press this and that button and thats how you save WP and tracks, so much for help, for those who tried to help thanks, the rest of you get off this site.
FollowupID: 722486

Sponsored Links