Nissan Navara D40 Transfer Case problems

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 13, 2011 at 18:40
ThreadID: 85599 Views:9082 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their transfer chain?

I have a 2008 D40 with 50,000km. I took it into Nissan after it made cluncking noises when I took it out for the day. The 4WD light came on the dash whilst I was driving on the higway on the way home.

Nissan have pretty much said to me that they are voiding my warranty for this part as I have "forced and mis-used the vehicle". I have questioned them for the last 5 weeks (as that is how long my car has been sitting up on the hoists at the workshop) to explain how I have forced and mis-used the vehicle and to also get a detailed report on their findings. Not once have they been able to give me any of the requested information, I did get to see (but not get a copy of) the initial report from the mechanic which was "chain has stretched, oil is clean, no loose metals" - and this is what Nissan Australia are basing their judgement on.

I have lodged a report with the Dept of Fair Trading who have contacted the MVSU to investigate this matter.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bibtracker - Wednesday, Apr 13, 2011 at 23:53

Wednesday, Apr 13, 2011 at 23:53
I feel very sorry for you. Nissan's attitude to problems has never been good and I will never buy Nissan for that very reason. There are good reasons for the Patrol being known as the Grenade . . . $15,000 engine rebuilds after it explodes.
AnswerID: 451197

Sponsored Links