What can you get from this site??

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:03
ThreadID: 85690 Views:2359 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all

Just spent some time over the weekend fitting my rear drawer system from Jim @ Best Offroad, and was thinking... how much good advice, info,friendship and equipment have I received since I came upon this site?

I started writing it down, then gave up.... this post would have been a mile long if I documented it all. I think it started with a question about my Jackaroo with the 4JX1 diesel motor, then led to gps stuff, various camping, touring and travelling tips and info ... the list goes on. The info I've got in response to my questions has always been very helpful.

I love the blogs, the forum, the road info, weather.... yes, you can get it elsewhere, but it means jumping around the internet. It's all here in one package.

I have purchased from the shop, and business members, and offered advice where I feel I am qualified.

Above all, I like the friendly way most members and visitors interact, I know I have been well treated with my enquiries. Great info from all around this great big land (and o/s I guess!).

Nothing is perfect, but you would be hard pressed to find a better, more informative forum.

What has kept you here?

Have a great Easter Holiday (if you can get away), and take care.

Cheers, Dave

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Clint & Chell - Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:18

Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:18
Nice post Dave.
I don't use this site/forum nearly as mush as some others, but when I do/have, I can certainly agree with your sentiments.
Everybody appears to be very keen to assist others with any knowledge that they can pass on.
We have been on the road for approx 9 mths & the feedback we have recieved here during this time has been first class.
Happy Travels mate
AnswerID: 451571

Follow Up By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:24

Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:24
Hi Clint & Chell, gotta agree with you, friendly info and advice, local knowledge is a huge bonus too... missed that in the original post.

Cheers, and keep safe

Dave

FollowupID: 724189

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:25

Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:25
G/Day Dave

Just interacting with Like Minded People,who come from different backgrounds and enjoy the Australian Way Of Life.

Cheers
AnswerID: 451572

Follow Up By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:51

Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:51
Yep Daza,

Some of us in cheap tents, some of us in 5th wheelers, doesn't seem to matter, we all love the land and travelling in it, and all share our experiences freely.

Cheers, Dave

FollowupID: 724193

Reply By: Member - Julie P (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:36

Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:36
I've been a member since 2005 - have found out about so many great places, learnt so much, met some great people along the way, some personally, purchased from the shop, and love the fact that the forum doesn't degenerate into name calling and slanging matches - keep up the good work guys - will be a member as long as I am travelling.
AnswerID: 451573

Follow Up By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:54

Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 19:54
For sure Julie, and as far as the name calling goes,

If someone gets out of line, they soon get told to pull their head in... politely more often than not... lol.
'Love is good for the human being' is Ben your son/grandson? A great way to look at life.

Cheers, Dave

FollowupID: 724194

Reply By: Member - Julie P (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 20:06

Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 20:06
G'day Dave - yep Ben is my grandson going on 12 now, but just love these words - he wrote them as part of a poem for me when his grandad died (my husband) - he is a very loving boy.
c ya jules
AnswerID: 451579

Sponsored Links