EAST COAST HOILDAY

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 20, 2011 at 19:21
ThreadID: 85771 Views:1554 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all we are looking at going up the east coast from melb with our three young children for about two months in our jayco swan.Around feb next year. We would love any advice on any thing and every thing as this is all very new and scary to us.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Apr 20, 2011 at 20:20

Wednesday, Apr 20, 2011 at 20:20
Hi Matt,

Your question is a bit broad to answer - can you be a bit more specific? Are you going up the coast - or inland? How far north do you plan on going? Using caravan parks or bush camping, national parks??

Whatever the answers to the above there is nothing to be scared about as you should have a great time although the weather will be hot and sticky and the beaches will be beautiful.

Just make sure that you are well prepared and that you have done one or two short shakedown trips before you actually set out.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 451924

Reply By: Member - Oldbaz. NSW. - Thursday, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:51

Thursday, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:51
Great advice,as usual, from J & V. Google the places you will pass through to
find attractions & info. I'd suggest you take some form of shelter/awning/tarp
set up in case of crook weather, so that kids can still play, & plenty to occupy them as well. Be flexible & stay "cool" when those little problems arise...& you
will have a ball. One more thing...dont carry heaps of stuff that you can easily
buy anywhere on the road, with a wind up camper space is at a premium...use
it wisely.cheers....oldbaz.
AnswerID: 451983

Reply By: Matt B3 - Thursday, Apr 21, 2011 at 18:38

Thursday, Apr 21, 2011 at 18:38
Thanks J&V we are hoping to go along the coast . How far up we realy don't know. We would love to make it to the Australian zoo. We got the free camps book so looking at free camping some times as well as caravan parks .We are reading as much as we can on explor oz but our heads are starting hurt !!
AnswerID: 452010

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (11)