When in Goongerah !

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 21, 2011 at 07:55
ThreadID: 85781 Views:1923 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Managed to get to Goongerah, last Saturday, approx 1/2 way between Delegate, in NSW and Orbost. Caught up with Nathan at Delegate, and proceeded back to Goongerah, by 4:00 pm.

Real nice place, and the Campgroud is superb, but not that big, with a long drop dunny. No thunderbox to set up, and ya gotta love that.

Was greated by Clayton, one of the "Traditional owners", as he called himself. Had a ball.
What a gem of a bloke....Made him an "honorary Irishman", called him "Paddy", and that tickled him a bit.

We could go out hunting, and driving, all day, and when we finally got back to camp he would have a fire going for us, and then wander in and just sit down and yarn, and talk his head off, about his experiences, and being 60, he has plenty, but you could tell he had "kissed the Blarney Stone" though.
So he would eat with us, and after dinner, would share a drink as well. We knew what he was up to but didn't care, as it was his character that stood out.

Another of life's experiences with genuine people.
How good is that ?

Cheers
Bucky

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Thursday, Apr 21, 2011 at 15:21

Thursday, Apr 21, 2011 at 15:21
Hi Bucky,

Your right there Bucky, small price to pay for interesting company.
I bumped into a bloke travelling around back in 06 down near Narrandera.

This fellows name was Bill Murray from memory and he had a horse drawn wagon and a blue heeler pup with him. Said it had been his home for the last 12 years and I thought that they were probably some of the best years of his life. Sounded like a bit of a pommy accent but a nice bloke. Would have been interesting around a campfire like the one you had there mate.

Regards, Bruce.

PS. if any body sees him on the road please put up a post I would like to catch up with him one day. Picture below.

Image Could Not Be Found

At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 451993

Follow Up By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Thursday, Apr 21, 2011 at 15:23

Thursday, Apr 21, 2011 at 15:23
Bucky what about posting a pic of Paddy.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 724622

Follow Up By: Member - Bucky - Friday, Apr 22, 2011 at 04:16

Friday, Apr 22, 2011 at 04:16
I do not think I have a foto of him.
Will check with Nathan, but I do not like your chances.
FollowupID: 724703

Sponsored Links