Help on New Clutch 80 ser. to Pixie

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 24, 2011 at 10:26
ThreadID: 85829 Views:1861 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
Well I am up for a new Clutch for my 80 Diesel HZ ,I want the top of the range as I tow a off road van & the standard Clutch is not up to the task. I would like any advise I can get

Thank you all.

Also to all the members who know my best little mate Pixie ,she pass away last Wednesday along side of me gee I will miss her,she was my travelling mateImage Could Not Be Found
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dust-Devil - Sunday, Apr 24, 2011 at 12:25

Sunday, Apr 24, 2011 at 12:25
The only one, if you want the 'top of the range' is a Safari Exedy.

It is the top of the range for domestic/industrial 4WD's, with the No. 1 clutch being a 'button clutch'. These are used mainly in Competition 4WD's and for very specific purpose vehicles, as they are a real 'bitch' to get used to and operate.

Also make sure whoever does the job for you, has the flywheel machined/refaced etc.

DD
AnswerID: 452170

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Monday, Apr 25, 2011 at 16:35

Monday, Apr 25, 2011 at 16:35
Hi CLC50,

Sorry to hear about your traveling mate CLC. If she was beside you when she went then she would have been as happy as she could have been under the circumstances. They become your kids after a short while of having them don't they. That's why I won't have another one for a while. I had to have my bluey put down due to a massive cancer some years ago. I still get misty optically when I think about her.

Re your cruiser mate I can't help but the auto boxes are the best for towing as they are as tough as nails.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Cheers, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 452270

Reply By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Monday, Apr 25, 2011 at 16:39

Monday, Apr 25, 2011 at 16:39
Hi Col,
Sorry to hear about Pixie,I'm sure You'll miss Her.
A mate gets his clutches specially made HD etc Think the prices are ok,I can get some info when he comes back to work if You like. Presume He'll be back on Wed.
Mike.
AnswerID: 452272

Sponsored Links