Stolen GQ

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 28, 2011 at 07:29
ThreadID: 85911 Views:1914 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, my son had his newly purchased 89 GQ stolen just before Easter. It is black over silver and the reg is VIC WAS198. We had just fitted brand new black wheels with Mickey Thompsons 33s, new 3" suspension, brand new head cam and lifters. It has a small dint in the drivers door and some windscreen sealer around the top of the screen on the drivers side as it leaked. Inside is the baby seat, stroller, return to centre steering dampner not yet fitted and extended brake lines also not fitted. There is a couple of tears in the roof lining and the exhaust had a leak. It was his first 4wd and is very upset as he was all ready to head away for Easter. It was stolen from his work in Brighton Victoria and it was an auto. If by any chance it has been sighted by anyone please call the cops as he (we) are desperate to get it back with the amount if time and money just spent.
Regards, Glenn

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Thursday, Apr 28, 2011 at 09:14

Thursday, Apr 28, 2011 at 09:14
Very sorry to hear it Glenn. I don't think I can help much up here in Mid North Coast NSW but will keep an eye out when in town, Port Macquarie or Kempsey.
You never know how far they will go.

When you get it back mate, have a kill switch fitted to it and work out some sort of padlock on the hand brake. That stopped the buggars stealing the brothers rocky for the third time. Fist time they got a couple of grands worth of tools.

My cousin used to have a chain and padlock which he used to padlock to the brake pedal and pull it up and through the steering wheel and padlock it there also.
Looked unsightly but it was never stolen despite it being a flash looking car at the time. Beats having them stolen.

These are hard ways to learn but learn we must in todays environment.

Cheers and good luck with your searching.
Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 452527

Reply By: Member - Royce- Thursday, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:42

Thursday, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:42
sad to hear... I'll keep a watch out in East Gippsland.
AnswerID: 452542

Reply By: Mark1959 - Thursday, Apr 28, 2011 at 14:01

Thursday, Apr 28, 2011 at 14:01
I'll keep an eye out in Ballarat mate
AnswerID: 452559

Sponsored Links