Picked up the Gennie

Submitted: Friday, May 20, 2011 at 01:03
ThreadID: 86418 Views:2464 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
We picked up our Honda EU20 today, ordered it at the Caravan and Camping Show. Got a good deal through Midland Honda. Now when will we get the time to take off and try it out. It will be great when we find a nice secluded spot that we would like to stay for a while, we now have the gennie to do just that. The problem for us at the moment is new Grandkids, upcoming engagement party and Wedding? (not all the same child) Arrrrh where did we find the time to go to work?????

Cheers

D

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: thewayes - Friday, May 20, 2011 at 05:56

Friday, May 20, 2011 at 05:56
Hi D,

what sort of good deal did you get the show will be in brisbane next month and I'm looking at one.

Geoff
AnswerID: 454898

Follow Up By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Friday, May 20, 2011 at 06:10

Friday, May 20, 2011 at 06:10
Hi Geoff. The generator place had them at the Sydney show recently for $1699 with a couple of free accesories included. Bob
FollowupID: 727774

Follow Up By: oldtrack123 - Friday, May 20, 2011 at 12:22

Friday, May 20, 2011 at 12:22
Hi D
I hope they did not talk you into a plug in RCD for safety
They were selling them in Brisabane up till about 2weeks ago
Now been recalled , NOT APPROVED FOR GOOD REASONS

Peter
FollowupID: 727803

Follow Up By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Friday, May 20, 2011 at 23:22

Friday, May 20, 2011 at 23:22
Hi thewayes, at the show here in Perth there was a group from the Eastern States who had a stack of them for sale and they were asking $1750 for just the gennie and then a deal on the kit about $100, they were a lot dearer than the previous year, we tried to get them down a bit more but to no avail so we left it, going further around the show we came across the Midland Honda Shop who had none in stock, (all their spares had gone) price $1599 but we had to put in an order for them, I know it was a good price for over here as we go to the caravan and camping show every year and have been watching the prices going up each year and it's been a few years since we had seen that price. Anyway we're happy with our deal.

Toyocruser, sounds like a similar deal to what we've got, we picked up the kit plus another couple of things for and added $100.

oldtrack123, no they didn't talk us into anything, just told us what is available and we chose out of that what we thought we might need, the guys there seem to be pretty good. Thanks for the headsup anyway.
Cheers
D

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 727891

Reply By: carlsp - Friday, May 20, 2011 at 06:35

Friday, May 20, 2011 at 06:35
Congradulations Dun workin,

Remember to get a bottle of genuine oil as it has the correct filler nossel. Otherwise topping up the oil is a real pain.

Do not have everything connected when you start the generator as it can spike and throw off you battery charger. Let it run for 30 seconds and then connect everything.

Other than these 2 things mine has been a real champion and I am sure your will as well.
AnswerID: 454900

Follow Up By: landseka - Friday, May 20, 2011 at 11:55

Friday, May 20, 2011 at 11:55
I agree Carl, and also the oil is the correct viscosity, any heavier and you will have starting problems because, before the oil is warm enough to circulate the Low Oil sensor shuts it down.
DAMHIK

Cheers Neil
FollowupID: 727801

Follow Up By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Friday, May 20, 2011 at 23:26

Friday, May 20, 2011 at 23:26
Thanks for those tips carlsp and landseka, I have definitely taken them on board. As per the oil we have got the genuine oil as it is something we picked up yesterday with the gennie. Can't wait to get out there now so that we can spend more time in the bush instead of only one or two nights.

Cheers

D

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 727893

Sponsored Links