Moving back to WA !!!!!

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 20, 2003 at 13:50
ThreadID: 8642 Views:1947 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys,

We're moving back to WA (Perth) in January !! Woo-hooo !!

The biggest thing I'll miss about Broken Hill is its proximity to some great 4WD destinations.

Having previously lived in Norseman for a while and in Perth for a short time only - I still don't know many places to go and good tracks to travel. I'll have to catch up with some of you WA based forumites for the good oil on where to go.

Cheers
Stephen JMoving back to WA - Jan 04
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Thursday, Nov 20, 2003 at 14:04

Thursday, Nov 20, 2003 at 14:04
Stephen, we will welcome you with open arms... and want to pick your brains about the tracks you've done. Always need someone to add more treks to our site - please take a look in the Latest News section for the bit about us paying people to submit trek notes. Maybe you can suggest something that's not there. I currently have SkyTrek in draft, thanks to Willow Springs station, but I want to add the Echo Back Track from Arkaroola as we keep missing doing that one. I also want to get all the other station treks so if you have any of the data we are asking for on those trips, plus any other suggestions please get in touch with me, and we can sort you out for what to do/see in WA.ExplorOz
AnswerID: 37922

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen (Broken Hill) - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 15:13

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 15:13
Hi Michelle,

I don't think my data is up to your standards for me to generate my own treks, but I could help out with some additional info if you like. For instance I have a GPS track plots of Walkers Crossing (Birdsville to Innaminca) with only a couple of waypoints thrown in for good measure and say the Bore Track which is a short cut from Innaminca to Cameron Corner via Bollards Lagoon. Any notes I generated would be from memory only and would be general info rather than detailed.

Unfortunately, I read about your trek info gathering thang just after I returned from a 2 week jaunt from Ayer's Rock and the Simpson Desert. If I'd read about it before I left, I'd have made more detailed notes/waypoints.

If any of the above is useful to you - drop me a line and I'll send it to you.

Cheers
Stephen J.Moving back to WA - Jan 04
FollowupID: 27597

Reply By: maverick - Thursday, Nov 20, 2003 at 17:40

Thursday, Nov 20, 2003 at 17:40
before you get too excited.......any chance of any contact info re the 4wd gathering at silverton july 2004. i am unable to find out much about it other than 7-8-9 July. seems like something to do and somewhere to go.
AnswerID: 37939

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen (Broken Hill) - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 14:37

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 14:37
Maverick,

I don't know about this one.

I'll see what I can find out for you.

Cheers
Stephen J.Moving back to WA - Jan 04
FollowupID: 27594

Reply By: whale - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 22:37

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 22:37
SOme people have all the luck.
Hopefully be dooing the same late next year.

Be glad to get out of Adelaide after 16 years.

happy travelling
Whale
AnswerID: 38068

Sponsored Links