Permits required-Plenty Hwy & GCR??

Submitted: Friday, May 27, 2011 at 15:28
ThreadID: 86581 Views:3737 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hiya,
Off for a liitle trip in July/August,
Part of the route in Boulia to Alice Springs via Plenty Highway.
Then Alice to Leonora via Great Central Road.
We may go South from Warburton on the Connie Sue to Neale Junction- then West on the Anne Beadell to Laverton.
Could someone who may have done these roads (or part of)- advise us of what 'permits' we may need, and where to source them.
Thanks heaps.
D&J
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - MIKE.G - Friday, May 27, 2011 at 16:00

Friday, May 27, 2011 at 16:00
There is no permit required to travel the Plenty H/W
To travel from Alice to the NT border will require a permit from the Central Lands Council. http://www.clc.org.au Apply on line and you should get approval that day.
Travel from the NT border to Laverton requires a permit from the WA Department of Indigenous Affairs. http://www.dia.wa.gov.au) Apply on line and the approval will be advised in a week or so. Both these permits will be advised by email and are free.
If you plan to do the drive to Hermansburg - Kings Canyon (Mereenie Loop road) and on to Uluru, you will require a permit for the trip up as far as Kings Canyon. This can be purchased at the Hermansburg service station for $2.50. The entry to Uluru is $25 per person for a 3 day pass.

Cheers, Mike
AnswerID: 455619

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, May 27, 2011 at 19:39

Friday, May 27, 2011 at 19:39
Hi D&J

Like Mike has given you above plus another one, for we had to get 2.

We also had to get a permit for the Connie Sue, but notice that it is not on their list, which is very strange. The other one that is still on the list that very few people are aware of when applying for Anne Beadell permits, is there is one required from Neale Junction through to Yamarna, also for free within the Goldfields Region, and the link is here, which you will have to copy and paste, as for some reason, the full link does not open:-

http://www.dia.wa.gov.au/en/Entry-Permits/EP_Y_PermitForm/

You will be travelling through great country, so have a great trip.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 455644

Follow Up By: wombat100 - Friday, Jun 03, 2011 at 13:31

Friday, Jun 03, 2011 at 13:31
Hiya Stephen
Just getting sorted now with permits etc....
What permit is required for Connie Sue...Warburton to Neale Junction??
Cheers
D&J
FollowupID: 729285

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Jun 03, 2011 at 14:24

Friday, Jun 03, 2011 at 14:24
Hi Wombat

You will need a general permit for the Great Central Road, but a permit is not listed any more for the Connie Sue. You could take that on face value that a permit is now no longer requires, or else give Joan Groves a call in Perth (08) 9235 8000 to confirm if this is the case or not. Joan is in change of the permit section and you can take her word as gospel.

It is a great trip and you will enjoy the ever changing scenery.

Cheers

Stephen

Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 729288

Reply By: Motherhen - Friday, May 27, 2011 at 21:23

Friday, May 27, 2011 at 21:23
Hi Wombat - while you have been given the answers, ExplorOz has a good up to date permit information section. If you click on the word permit in your text, it will take you to the right section to obtain permit information.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 455657

Sponsored Links