Recommended mechanics in Geraldton, WA.

Submitted: Monday, May 30, 2011 at 20:53
ThreadID: 86651 Views:4699 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Dear all,

We are currently traveling around Oz in a 2003 3.0l Diesel Nissan Patrol, and are looking for a trustworthy mechanic to do the 170,000 km service on our Patrol in Geraldton. As like everybody, we're looking for someone who will do a great job, but not overcharge.

Also, we need to get our Pink Slip done at the same time. From what I can gather, the report must be from an approved inspection station through the Interstate Transport Authority (as the Patrol is registered in NSW, and we need to keep it registered in NSW).

Any suggestions will be greatly received for a mechanic that fits this criteria.

Thanks all.
Ligoland.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: john s1 - Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 09:34

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 09:34
TRY Geraldton 4WD 99648008 I use them
AnswerID: 455963

Reply By: fisho64 - Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 10:51

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 10:51
Without a doubt the best value and service is Burneys Auto Repairs in Anderson Street.

Mark Burney is a straight up bloke, and his workshop is a Repco Repair shop.

Geraldton 4WD is good as well, but not quite the same as when Shane sold it.
AnswerID: 455975

Reply By: DOEY- Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 11:10

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 11:10
hi ligoland

we went through exactly the same situation when we were at geraldton.

We ended up transferring the rego to WA (saved $300 and didnt need an inspection). We are on the road for quite a while and dont have a residential address, we used the caravan parks address and gave them a postal address in NSW- it worked for us.
We just assumed we could get a pink slip done at almost any mechanics- but totally different over here in WA, my fault for not looking into it.

There is an inspection station in Geraldton and the bloke that does it is very helpful, he even offered to fax the inspection cert to the RTA for us- but we didnt end up needing it.

inspection station:

D & J Mechanical Services - Light vehicles only
11 Eaton Place, GERALDTON 6530, 9921 2000

- doesnt do oil services or mechanical work if i remember correctly as he recommended the mechanic on Marine Terrace in geraldton, near the wheat silos opposite the ABC radio station. they always seemed busy and had emergency service vehicles getting work done. possibly a good sign???

hope that helped a little.
AnswerID: 455978

Follow Up By: Murray48 - Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 22:20

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 22:20
D&J Mechanical for the inspection.
For the mechanical work, there are several good places.
Burneys auto
Graham Hosken autos
Axis autos (the one near the silos).
All of these will give good service and will not rip you off.
FollowupID: 729017

Sponsored Links