Disco intake duct falling off.. *&%$

Submitted: Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 19:37
ThreadID: 8668 Views:1993 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
I recently had a dual battery system and snorkel fitted to my 98 V8 Disco, and part of the job is to reposition the air filter, which requires the rubber duct between the air flow meter and inlet manifold to be cut down at each end. Upon returning home I found it had come off at the air flow meter end.

After trying to tighten the hose clamp and discovering it wouldn't tighten any more, I went out and bought a new one. (30 minute drive back to ARB, 5 minutes to the hardware) It has continued to give me grief, so after everyone I spoke to, including a number of replies to my previous post here, said I should take it back to ARB, I did.

I pointed out that it seemed to have been cut too short. They told me they cut it as per the Safari instructions (which I later confirmed) and said they would have to see if it is a known problem.

I'd like hear from anyone else who has had a problem with, or knows of someone who had a problem with, the rubber duct not fitting correctly or falling off after having a Safari snorkel fitted.

Cheers,
Barry.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Eric- Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 20:36

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 20:36
Forget the recomended length , It is always a pain , when cutting a rubber boot to suit any fitting, you need to make sure , you are clamping in the middle of the air flow meter sholder , anything close to the edge will make it come off Venus Bay
AnswerID: 38059

Reply By: Jac - Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 01:01

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 01:01
Barry,
Sorry can't help with prob but could I ask what sort and size battery did you fit and where -was it to run a fridge, I have been researching dual system to run 40L engel in my '03 disco and can only fit 50amp/hr deep cycle, need at least 80 but cradle to fit near firewall too small. Did you have to install snorkel to fit decent size battery where original air horn is located? I read somwhere the battery space is the same l or r at front to cater for lh/rh drive.
Regards
Jac
AnswerID: 38235

Follow Up By: Barry B - Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 07:58

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 07:58
Jac,
I can't remember off hand what sort and size battery I have fitted (I'll check and get back to you). As far as physical size goes, it isn't as big as the main battery because the radiator is positioned slightly to the left and the power steering reservoir is also attached to the LH side of the radiator.
The snorkal was part of having the second battery fitted. My main reason for fitting it was to run the accessories, including a Finch 3 way fridge, but mainly because it is auto and I just wanted some piece of mind.
If you want a picture of the whole setup, send me an e-mail and I'll take a snap when I get home and send it to you.
babranny@justinternet.com.au
FollowupID: 27752

Sponsored Links