Connie Sue Hwy Feedback

There is water at Neale Junction at the camping ground around 200 metres west of the corner.Toilets and tank plus good camping.
MickO an I did the trip in 2009 and in his innimitable way he cronicled and photographed the lot.
There is also a tank at Cooper Bore powered by a solar cell. For details of the Connie Sue see MickO's journey in 2009 at.
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/92954.75/7/2009/Connie_Sue_Highway_-_80_km_north_of_Neale_Junction.aspx?ky=&p=%2fMembers%2f92954.8%2fMyBlog.aspx%3fpn%3d4
3 articles cover trip from Warburton to Rawlinna then to Cocklebiddy.
Great trip, relatively easy road.,
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 09:08

Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 09:08
Hi Alan

How are things going up there in sunny Queensland... I bet a lot warmer than down here in Clare...LOL

Yes the Connie Sue is up there with the best of Lens Highways and our highlights were the Aboriginal Art site and the ever changing scenery, as well as Neale Breakaways.

Take Care.

Regards

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 456128

Follow Up By: Mick O - Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 09:15

Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 09:15
Don't encourage him Stephen. His life is one whole junket of tennis, lattes, cycling, waxing, tanning, jogging and fishing and swimming. Also a lot of prancing around in gold lamay budgie smugglers! Euwww. Bad visual there. he also spends an inordinate amount of time trying to swan his way into the passengers seat of the Tuck Truck!
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 729120

Follow Up By: Ozhumvee - Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 13:30

Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 13:30
In Al's defence I reckon you were lucky to have him accompany you, continually giving such a nice bloke a hard time.
Flew all the way to Port Hedland and then had to cool his heels in town while you had the Nissan repaired too.
FollowupID: 729142

Follow Up By: Mick O - Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 15:22

Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 15:22
That'd be the Nissan that recovered a certain HumVee from a bog out in the never never (Zap Kapow). You'd probably still be there if it hadn't been for the mighty GU!
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 729150

Follow Up By: Ozhumvee - Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 18:06

Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 18:06
Now now stop changing the subject.
FollowupID: 729167

Follow Up By: Member - Alan K (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:27

Tuesday, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:27
Peter, at least some-one understands the sheer courage it takes to travel forth with MickO. First he busts the Nissan, then the botom literally falls out of it on the Talawana Track. I always have the thought that I can live longer off him than he can off me, if push comes to shove.

At least the Tuck Truck is far more reliable....well it was before the wheels fell off it....but lets me ride his diesel quad bike so he can't be all that bad.
FollowupID: 730497

Reply By: Mick O - Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 09:12

Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 09:12
Outback,

from memory that tank at the camp area at Neale Junction is reliant on rainfall to fill it so I'd be mindful of that and not be in a position to rely on it. I can only hope that the Cooper Bore is still working OK. I haven't heard any feedback on that bore for a while.

Cheers Mick
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 456129

Sponsored Links