Windsor Rapid bed ends

Submitted: Monday, Jun 06, 2011 at 22:19
ThreadID: 86805 Views:6661 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi i am new to caravaning, i am looking at purchasing a widsor rapid. My only concern is the hard top bed end as i feel this will condensate and drip on me. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Roughasguts - Tuesday, Jun 07, 2011 at 16:22

Tuesday, Jun 07, 2011 at 16:22
Hi I have a Rapid and somtimes when the heater is on condensation will develope as you sleep under the bed ends. But I have not had anything drip on me.
Just a wipe with a towel in the morning and there gone.

I ended up finding water under the mattress during heavy rains! but this was a leaking window nearest the bed end. Seems Windor can make a hole a fair bit bigger than the window seal will expand too.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 456696

Follow Up By: Member - Bill B1 (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 07, 2011 at 19:27

Tuesday, Jun 07, 2011 at 19:27
Hi,
I am currently doing the Big Circle in a 4.4 Rapid.
Condensation is a nuisance if you do up all the zippers in the bed end. Leave a strip along the top of each window and the little air flow will stop 95% of any condensation. A quick wipe will solve the problem in the morning. No drips either way.

Your mattress can get damp along the hinge line due to body heat and the interaction with cold air. I have found a roll of anti-skid material (cupboard liner) in Go Low that is 1.1 wide and 1.4 long in black or white for $12. It doesn't fit the whole bed area but will do the middle of the mattress and the side closest to the hinges. The little holes and the slight raising of the thickness of the material will control that problem.

I have also glued sponge backed tape around the sealing edges of the bed ends to stop the dust getting in. Been working for over 12 months. Check that the canvas at the top of the sides is completely stuck to the velcro as per factory design. You can adjust it easily. I re-glued mine in place to cover the little gap.

Check this ite for a range of solutions and reports -
Rapid Forum

If you need anything more let me know.

Cheers

Bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 729816

Reply By: kev c - Tuesday, Jun 07, 2011 at 22:14

Tuesday, Jun 07, 2011 at 22:14
thank you your info was very helpful and i appreciate it very much cheers
AnswerID: 456744

Follow Up By: achjimmy - Wednesday, Jun 08, 2011 at 08:24

Wednesday, Jun 08, 2011 at 08:24
I quite like the rapids bed end design over the earlier expandas but often wondered if the sheet metal lids were more prone to condensation than the Jayco's? The other thing I noticed whilst down at Khancoben over Easter with the rapid next door was they had feral kids that used the bed end as a trampoline! The bed ends will bend these ended the weekend with a noticeable 2-3" bow in them.
FollowupID: 729866

Sponsored Links