Transferring Hema Maps to Smart Phone ??

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 19:41
ThreadID: 86922 Views:2935 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everyone

About 12 months ago I purchased the Hema Australia 4WD Raster Map Collection on CD. I currently have it loaded on my laptop.

Recently I purchased a Samsung Galaxy smart phone, which comes equipped with GPS capability.

Does anyone know how to copy this program onto the phone, and if this is possible, will it work on the phone? I've tried to copy the program across to the phones SD card, but so far without success.

Hope someone can help as it would be really a handy device with these maps loaded.

Cheers
John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ozhumvee - Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 20:19

Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 20:19
I think you will need some sort of mapping program on the phone to use the maps with. What operating system is the phone run?
Oziexplorer is available for phones running Android OS.
AnswerID: 457198

Follow Up By: Member - John & Kaye (QLD) - Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 20:31

Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 20:31
Hi Peter

The phone runs on Android, and OziExplorer Lite is included with the maps purchased from Hema.

Cheers
John
FollowupID: 730342

Reply By: Member - Rob S (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 21:31

Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 21:31
Hi John

Go to Ozi Explorer web page and find the followowing

3rd June 2011 - A new beta version of OziExplorer for Android (Version1.00) is available for download from the OziExplorer for Android page.

You will need to install this first

OziExplorer GPS mapping real time tracking software for Android Devices
http://www.oziexplorer.com/

Ozilite just lets you look at the maps on the pc not acctualy mapping software.
You will need to copy the map collection on to the sd card on the phone.
And buy / download install ozieplorer for android on the phone.
I haven't tried it yet as i have ozi ce versision running on 2 PDA's.
And it is very easy to down load just conect the phone to the pc using active sync or what ever program is required to link to the pc.

Rob.
I only ever made one mistake
and that's when I thought I was wrong!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 457213

Follow Up By: Member - John & Kaye (QLD) - Monday, Jun 13, 2011 at 19:41

Monday, Jun 13, 2011 at 19:41
Hi Rob

Thanks for the info - very helpful. I've had a look at the OziExplorer website. The new beta version of OziExplorer CE for Android seems to be very new and as yet not fully developed - probably a bit too much for a techno-ignoramus like me to handle. At this stage I think I'll wait until they've put a bit more development into the software. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on the OziExplorer website to see how it progresses, as it would be a great thing to have on the phone.

Thanks again for the info!

John
FollowupID: 730443

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Monday, Jun 13, 2011 at 20:54

Monday, Jun 13, 2011 at 20:54
Hi

Why not download the free demo version of Ozi for Android and try it? Cant see any advantage in not at least trying it. Report any issues/needs/wants and help guide development...and at the same time learn how to use it.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 730461

Follow Up By: Member - John & Kaye (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 14, 2011 at 20:04

Tuesday, Jun 14, 2011 at 20:04
Hi Greg

I must have skimmed through the Ozi site a bit too quickly because I missed the free demo version - I'll certainly give it a try!!

Thanks

John
FollowupID: 730589

Sponsored Links