Any current info on Anne Beadell Hwy..

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 23, 2003 at 21:42
ThreadID: 8708 Views:1690 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am planning a trip from Perth to the Flinders Range Area where we would like to spend about 2 weeks having a look around. I have a near new TD42 Patrol and Camper Trailer. All the reports I read suggest that the Anne Beadell Hwy is an interesting way to go but most make mention of vehicle damage from overhanging trees and bushes. Does anyone know if this is a consistent problem on this route or is it just something that will cause a scratch or two?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 16:23

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 16:23
Slim,
It's not so bad that you wouldn't go - and the scratches caused to our vehicle from our AB trip in 2002 were certainly not as bad as those endured on the CSR this year. In neither case was a repaint necessary, just a bit of polish. Not get too stressed about it. People just mention it so that those that can't bear a bit of scratching don't go unwarned and then complain. ExplorOz
AnswerID: 38269

Reply By: Aaron - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 11:53

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 11:53
when are you going? we are heading over to perth in the next few weeks, and was thinking about goiing that way.Dont know about the hotness and remoteness tho!
Aaron
AnswerID: 38352

Follow Up By: Member - Slim - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 17:52

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 17:52
Aaron,

I wouldn't be going out in that area at this time of the year,when it's stinking hot it's not much fun and there wouldn't be too many travellers to assist if you had a problem.
We are planning our trip for next August/September. We went to Ayers Rock and Alice Springs earlier this year but we travelled in August via the Great Central Road which was in general, fairly good. It was quite warm out there during the day. When you make your decision about which way to go, enjoy your trip.

Slim
FollowupID: 27905

Sponsored Links