2004 3.8 auto pajero

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 23, 2003 at 22:17
ThreadID: 8709 Views:1624 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys. Picked up my new Pajero last week and am very happy with it . The 3.8 is smooth and quiet as a mouse. It handles so well you cant help but have fun driving it. I cant say too much about the power side of things because i am still running it in but feels good. 15.5 lt per 100km seems to be about right as stated in the manual.Thats not great but its not bad either.What sold me was the standard traction control and stability control and and the host of other extras you get standard. I also own a 2000 3.0 deisel gu patrol which I am selling. The old gq I had 1 year ago was great. It had a stiffer front end than the gu. The gu moves around a lot more when you drive it around the streets. Your probably asking why i did not buy the deisel Pajero? Well i just could not get used to the deisel in the Patrol and it used to drive me mad. If driving a sowing machine with turbo lag and vibrations is your thing than thats ok but thats not me. We dont do any real serious 4x4 stuff only on the beach so the Pajero was a more than capable choise for us. I wonder if there is any other 3.8 owners out there and what you think.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: muppo - Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 17:01

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 17:01
Just the car im look at purchasing soon. What colour, What model eg,GLS. I love them. How have you found the road noise inside when travelling over second rate roads? All the critics bag them for this but i cant see why. Mate of mine just bought a new GXL Prado V6 and i drove it, it was very quite on road but tended to wallow around corners hows the Paj handle?
AnswerID: 38272

Follow Up By: UB.1 - Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 18:53

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 18:53
Hello all

Try the pajero club site's forum for more info on these models

www.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/
FollowupID: 27811

Reply By: john - Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 23:04

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 23:04
The Pajero is red \ silver gls auto 3.8. The first day we bought it we had it rustproofed and sound deadened so we can only tell you that it is very quiet on the freeway with a little bit of road noise on bad roads as you say. Its certainly not bad. It is similar to my 2000 gu patrol. The Pajero handles better than any car i have owned whether slow or at speed. It is a drivers 4x4. The 3.8 is very responsive, the sort of car you can drive with one toe on the accelerator all day.We also found that there is more room in the Pajero because i am 6 foot 3 and my knee would hit on the dash in the nissan but in the Pajero i have heaps of room.There is also more room in the middle seat and more in the rear due to the fold away seat. Nissan seats fold up and are in the way. The Pajero is great for driving in the rain.Put it in 4h and it drives like in the dry.
AnswerID: 38314

Sponsored Links