Is it my computer?

Submitted: Monday, Jun 20, 2011 at 19:22
ThreadID: 87099 Views:1642 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
Has anybody else had trouble try to load treks - I just get a small circle which says loading - I got sick of it after 10 mins. Surely it must load quicker than that.
Mind you I'm not the most computer savvy person around!!
Cheers & thanks for any reply's
Mike

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil B (WA) - Monday, Jun 20, 2011 at 19:25

Monday, Jun 20, 2011 at 19:25
Hi Mike

No problem here - I tested three different treks and all downloaded in about 10 seconds.

cheers
There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 458010

Reply By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Monday, Jun 20, 2011 at 19:35

Monday, Jun 20, 2011 at 19:35
I tried to send a 'medium' length MM, and it just hung there. Dunno what the go is.

Cheers Dave

AnswerID: 458011

Reply By: Member - Chris & Debbie (QLD) - Monday, Jun 20, 2011 at 19:51

Monday, Jun 20, 2011 at 19:51
Hi Mike
I have found that if you have a slow connection neither Treks or Places will load. No problem when at home with a faster connection but when away it is impossible, very annoying.
Chris
Coddiwomple (v.) To travel purposefully towards a vague destination.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Classifieds: Codan Envoy HF Radio X1 for sale

AnswerID: 458013

Reply By: Member - Brian P (SA) - Tuesday, Jun 21, 2011 at 08:35

Tuesday, Jun 21, 2011 at 08:35
HI Mike.
I had the same problem as you. Down loaded the browser"Google Chrome" no more problems. Brian
AnswerID: 458049

Reply By: Old Dave - Tuesday, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:33

Tuesday, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:33
Hi Mike

I have had that problem since the site update i click on the trek it says it is

loading but after a short while the computer freezers up it takes a while use

to alt/ctl/dlt to get out of the site and start again.

Regards Dave.
AnswerID: 458060

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Jun 21, 2011 at 13:42

Tuesday, Jun 21, 2011 at 13:42
Anyone having trouble needs to look at their computer systems - operating systems, browser, versions etc. Treks and Places have a mapping engine so are always dealt with a bit differently to anything else you may be used to. On our end of it, we run a dedicated server to push this data out to the internet in the most efficient way possible.

However, some brilliant nut will bring out a new browser that deals with applications in new ways meaning things might not work as they used to, nor as they were designed to! This is a never-ending source of continual application development to ensure our tools stay compatible, but David, "almost" lives inside his software and we have cross-browser testing machines (but no Macs) so mostly we know instantly when something isn't working and we fix it within minutes, HOWEVER there are so many intricate parts to the site and that brilliant nut at Firefox or IE might have found a way to bust something deeper within than where we work so we continue to value receiving your direct feedback - to send a specific explanation of a problem, please use the Feedback Form which is access under the Contact menu on the site. This form will track what operating system and browser you are using which helps us with the first diagnostic too.

I'm pretty confident, there are no new conflicts going on with Treks or Places as we haven't had any volume of consistent feeback on this issue. This tends to point back to the individual system you are using. Hope this helps?!!

Michelle

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 458075

Sponsored Links