Just a thoughtie

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 23, 2003 at 23:32
ThreadID: 8711 Views:1548 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Mudgutz and others

I was going to post this thought as a follow-up on post 8687 but decided to give it an airing here instead.

Mudgutz and others

I'm not defending Nissan here because they, like all manufactureres, should build any vehicle to be bullet proof ie. reliable. However every vehicle does have its performance limitations. Whilst there can be design faults in new technology one hopes that all vehicle manufacturers continue to back up progress with warranties - otherwise we wont buy the product. But you can't make anything that will withstand the forces of the idiot factor (no personal slur intended here) or even the forces of the mechanically inept and (common) sensibly challenged.

My point here is that the diesel engine is a very different engine in the terms of how it should be used compared to petrol driven engines. 99% of drivers learn to drive high rev petrol engines first and now we have all these petrol driven rev head baby boomers retiring and suddnley buying their first diesel powered wagon. This is most often in the form of a 4x4 so we also have another new [design] factor that is different to all that has been driven before. Wow, this looks like a disaster waiting to happen, and it often does. The poor diesel gets its guts reeved out trying to make it perform like the RX.

I wonder just how many so called manufacturing faults are actually the fault of the uneducated driver misusing the machinery then going crook at the manufacturer because "it broke". I reacon I've got a good point, but how can you teach everyone..... you know..... you can lead a horse to .................Carpe Diem
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nav 80 - Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 12:14

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 12:14
Well said Cocka, every piece of machinery has its limits and I guess we are all guilty of pushing our machine to the limit at one time or another. With the modern high tech diesel proper servicing is most important,but I must say some service centres are not up to speed on a lot of the later engines and adjustments and checks that are important are not done. Also the cost of servicing these vehicles is big bucks and a lot of mechanicly inexperienced people are doing there own serviceing, eg. drop the oil and screw on a new filter with no other checks or adjustments done resulting in a breakdown.
AnswerID: 38250

Sponsored Links