Jeep Cherokee

Submitted: Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 12:00
ThreadID: 8714 Views:1496 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
Does anyone have any opinions on the 95/96 Auto Jeep Cherokee for off road use and towing. Feedback would be great. Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bigbear - Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 23:25

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 23:25
Goodaye Tony

Not a bad car but probably a bit light for towing a heavy van. They have plenty of power but not enougfh weight. Did the CSR last year and one of the vehicles was a Jeep. It carried a heavy load and performed pretty well. Didn't have any worries there and it is still not showing any ill effects 12 months later.Bush Bappo's 4WD Club
Get out there & have a look
AnswerID: 38316

Reply By: Brian - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 08:22

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 08:22
Tony,
A close friend owns a '95 Jeep Cherokee Sport, auto, a very nice car. They apparently have radiator and exhaust issues which can be resolved obviously, but his is not keen on towing his reasonably lightweight camper, particularly up hills. I have driven this car and it seemed to me to be a joy to drive ( I wasn't towing at the time and drove it from Ballina to the northern Gold Coast), a very responsive motor that ate the miles! I say it's a nice car and that is what it is... a car. Handles well like a family wagon.. although we feel there isn't a lot of useable room inside, there's just he and his wife and no kids and they manage to fill the rear up for a BBQ.... not enough room for my family of four!! He isn't keen on it's off-road ability, although I must say I haven't been too many places in the "easy-medium" brackett that his car wouldn't follow.
Hope this helps, just my opinion
Cheers
Brian
AnswerID: 38334

Reply By: dogart - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 12:19

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 12:19
Tony

4WD monthly did a spread on buying used Cherokee's 1994 - 2000 models
The issue was Yearbook 2002 No.36

cheers
wolf
AnswerID: 38353