Paynes Find Roadhouse

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 28, 2011 at 20:31
ThreadID: 87269 Views:3267 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know the reason behind the close of the Paynes Find Roadhouse? Got a real surprise (and was not alone) the other day - had planned to refuel only to find signs saying no fuel, no toilets, no supplies!
This could be a real problem for those that don't know and plan on filling up there. Last time I visited the place was chockers with drilling rigs and vehicles purchasing fuel and supplies, so I was very surprised at it being shut.
Had a similar experience at Menzies - roadhouse closed there too - but EFTPOS bowsers were available.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Rambler( W.A.) - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2011 at 21:03

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2011 at 21:03
I heard the are doing a big revamp to cater for an influx of mining personel that will be there for a new mining venture opening up soon.I got this "second hand" but from a fairly reliable source.
AnswerID: 458707

Reply By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 19:11

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 19:11
they may well be closing to the general public and catering soley for the mining $.... i really dont know but i have heard of a few looking at other options available now ....
As fuel prices get higher the general public seems to be turning against the smaller operators and really it simply aint worth it any more, there are still some very understanding and sympathetic travellers but the "loudest" are making it very hard at the moment, after all if it was the "goldmine" like most seem to think we would all be talking about all the "new" servos opening up, not the ones closing down ..........
Yeh i know, my "two bobs" worth..
Cheers
AnswerID: 458794

Reply By: geocacher (djcache) - Thursday, Jun 30, 2011 at 23:36

Thursday, Jun 30, 2011 at 23:36
Oooh did my stubby holder from 2005 just become a collectors item?

Ebay here I come....

DJ
AnswerID: 458916

Sponsored Links