Photo Competition

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 07, 2011 at 21:45
ThreadID: 87437 Views:1618 Replies:2 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
I have been looking at some great photos in the Photo Comp Blog. The voting will continue for the rest of the month, ending July 31.
Anyone can view and judge the photos.

The subject was 'A man made object in the bush'.
Where does the 'bush' start and where does it finish. Ask a politician.

One thing about the entries was that there were some that were just beautiful scenery, but with no man made object in there anywhere to be seen. Unfortunately they will not qualify for the prize.
It's a bit like saying send a photo of your pet dog and you send a photo of your pet cat. Should that win?

There were also some photos submitted after the cutoff date of June 30. Unfortunately they don't qualify either.

There are lots of great photos to judge, get in and have a look at them and vote for what you think is the best photo.

The winner will get a lifetime membership and the photo will be printed on canvas and raffled at Silverton, with the winning photographer getting ten tickets in the raffle.

For those of you who have put in photos that don't qualify for the prize, i.e. no man made object in the photo, and those submitted after the closing date, could you edit your entries and delete the photo comp tag.
Or, if you have some that have the man made object in there, well, if you could shift the others that don't qualify. You can still leave them in a blog, but it will make it fairer for those correct entries in the competition.

See you in Silverton

Dave
'Wouldn't be dead for quids'

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 06:36

Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 06:36
Hi Dave. Is there a way to look at the comp. photos in one lot or do you have to open each person's blog individually. I have started individually but it sure takes some time. Thanks,Bob

AnswerID: 459404

Follow Up By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 07:10

Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 07:10
Gday Bob
I was thinking the same thing....
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 732964

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 07:12

Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 07:12
Bob,

To view all the photos in the Photo comp,

go to Blogs,
view by tag (Photo Comp),
Then select Photo view.

That will allow all the photos tagged in "Photo Comp" to be viewed and voted on. There is details on this in the last newsletter.

HTH

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 732965

Follow Up By: Dave B ( BHQ NSW) - Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 09:03

Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 09:03
You beat me to it Kev.

Bob, you will see the stars there and just hover the mouse over the stars to the level you want to vote for and then just click.
The system will then record your vote on that photo.

cheers
Dave
'Wouldn't be dead for quids'

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 732970

Follow Up By: Life Member - esarby (NSW) - Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 13:21

Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 13:21
Dave. The question was asked, if we could view all the photo's in one window. I seems that you have to go to each individual members blog. Very time consuming. It would be better if they were all in on page. Steve

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 732978

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 16:10

Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 16:10
Steve,

Read my response above ;)

You DO NOT need to open each blog individually if you follow the directions as per above ;)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 732983

Follow Up By: Life Member - esarby (NSW) - Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 16:16

Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 16:16
Thank you Sir Kev.

I did work it out. Click on the next page and see them all.

Must stop slurping on that QLD Pumpkin Soup.

Steve..............

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 732984

Follow Up By: Fred G NSW - Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 17:24

Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 17:24
Aye Steve, that info worked for me as well.

After Michelle telling last week to sit down with a coffee and go through the pics and vote....I go in and open the Photo View and holy flamin' mackeral !!!
There's over 14,000 pics. I can't drink that much coffee LOL

But on getting my head around the procedure now, for the photo comp, I find there's only a tad over 600 or 26 pages to download......phew :~)

Geez there's some good stuff there. Good luck everyone.

Fred
FollowupID: 732987

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 20:26

Friday, Jul 08, 2011 at 20:26
The "tag, photo comp" slowed me a bit but I have finally got into it. Thanks sir Kev. Now the problem is there are 605 photos. If most are like me they are not going to get through them all by the end of the month, which means some will miss out. There in lies the dilemma. Thanks again boys. Bob.

AnswerID: 459451

Sponsored Links