Dunns Track Feedback

This track is actually mis named for most of the way it is a survey/shot line and very little of it follows dunns track appart from detours to visit the wells

Dunns track is still there but very overgrown . i started following the actual dunns track but gave up quickly as it is liitle more than a path through the bushes now
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: westozal - Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 20:13

Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 20:13
Hello,

Four of us did Dunns track in two vehicles back in July 2005. As stated it was extremely overgrown and really you could not see much because of trackside vegetation.
Scrached hell out of the two GQ Patrols we had.
I thought it was a waste of time doing the trip, however we enjoyed looking around on the eastern end of the track and the associated goldfeilds areas.

cheers AL
AnswerID: 459684

Follow Up By: get outmore - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2011 at 09:30

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2011 at 09:30
were you actually on dunns track though?

the section south from peak charles is actually a grid line, if you look at the i map on the trek on this site it can clearly be seen following a grid line rather than dunns track

that said i enjoyed the trip checking out the numerous wells on the way, peak charles and peak elanor along with dog rock are interesting and investigations around the low granite amongest the sandplains on the south part of the track revealed numerous frog and gecko species

trip report dunns track

heres one of the well used sections of the actual dunns track as it now is a side track off the grid line and visits a well, the actual dunns track is far more overgrown

FollowupID: 733322

Sponsored Links