80 LCruiser 1HD-FT

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 17:51
ThreadID: 8747 Views:1202 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
Just inspecting the motor today and saw some trace of coolant pigment streak on the rear hose, the junction just before going thru the firewall behind the head. I immediately remembered Dozer saying

"...best advice i can give on the motor is to look closely at the heater hoses at rear of tappet cover to see if there is any shiney stainless hose clamps there, what that would indicate is problems with a small hose that comes out the back of the head. When these let go, the valve seals invariably suffer. Just keep it in mind...."

Could someone tell whether I should just replace the hose clamps or is it saying something major is going to happen? I don't really get what Dozer is trying to explain here?

Would be greatful if you guys can give some advice.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 19:35

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 19:35
Gday wil
I was refering to a 4.5 petrol, which has a hose 40mm long coming off the back of the head, and it fails, motor looses coolant and valve seals cook amungst other things. If there are stainless hose clamps where the toyota once use ones are, it is an indication that job has been performed earlier.
With your diesel, there is not the same problem. I would replace the spring clamp with a nice stainless one and see how you go. Check the hoses to make sure they are still soft, replace if they feel hard. Cheap insurance.
Andrewwheredayathinkwer mike?
AnswerID: 38430

Follow Up By: Wil - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 19:48

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 19:48
Cheers Andrew

I will get it done before the week end. Wouldn't want the power plant to crap out after all the effort that's gone into the truck.

FollowupID: 27913

Sponsored Links