Ironman suspension kits

Submitted: Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 14:12
ThreadID: 87497 Views:2937 Replies:7 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone have any experience with, and comments on Ironman suspension kits (springs and shockers) for Hilux ? Not looking for super heavy duty useage but just to improve ability to cope with extra weight of bullbar, LR fuel tank, camping gear etc.
Thanks
Poitr
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: smokie - Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 14:14

Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 14:14
fitted one to my 04 hilux about 5 mth ago so far very happy
AnswerID: 459643

Reply By: Robin Miller - Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 14:28

Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 14:28
Recently fitted set to an R51 Pathy and all worked as advertized Poitr

Had someone fit 2inch full kit to my manual 4800 Patrol and springs and shocks
seem ok , however I have a high rate vibration (harshness) caused by the new suspension.

Suspect it caused by Nolathane 2 degree offset castor bushes , hard to work out, will fit rubber ones back this friday , an expensive test - hope it works as running out of time to get car ready for trips.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 459645

Reply By: OREJAP - Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 16:08

Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 16:08
I use to sell their stuff years ago but in the latter years 1989 till now I have used other manufacturers equipment. It depends on what you want for your $$$$. When you talk suspension components their are many different views & everyone has an opinion. I have used their suspension kits, once. But there are better quality kits around IMHO. I had problems with the quality of the bushes & shockies......decided to pay the extra $$$ for a top quality suspension fit up & never looked back.
AnswerID: 459651

Reply By: Member - Craig F (WA) - Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 16:34

Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 16:34
Hi Poitr,
I have a 2003 IFS Hilux with Ironman springs Torsion bar and shocks, fitted in 2007, Have a steel bar and winch, LR fuel tank, rear gas tank, Rear tyre carrier and sliders (fair bit of extra weight). I have had no issues or sagging and would buy again.

Craig
AnswerID: 459657

Reply By: pepper2 - Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 17:28

Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 17:28
Had a set of ironman shockies on a disco some years ago,i broke one shocker on fraser had great sevice and replaced free of charge great result.Worth the reasonable price in my opinion.
AnswerID: 459663

Reply By: Member - MYPRADO - Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 22:31

Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 22:31
Had a pair fitted front and back with springs 9 months ago with 2 inch lift rear end , no problems.
AnswerID: 459702

Reply By: Member - Corrugate75 - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2011 at 07:36

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2011 at 07:36
G'Day Poitr,
We had a two inch Ironman lift kit fitted to our Patrol Wagon and I've been very happy with it. Springs and Shockers to carry bullbar, roof rack, campertrailer, 4kids etc.
80% of our driving is on dirt roads (rural area) and suspension has been great. When we decided to spend the money on an upgrade (from stock Nissan) I did a heck of alot of internet research and decided on ARB or TJM. It seemed for as many who loved one brand someone else wold say - No brand X is crap, made in some China with an Australian brand sticker on it. I got myself fairly confused and spoke to the local 4WD guys.
The ARB bloke neeeded 2 reminders and then misplaced my quote. The other bloke recommended Ironman as he has been using them for years and quite a bit cheaper than TJM. Took me out side and showed me his car. Gave me a fixed fitted quote then and there. Was flexible as to the time I could book it in. Took half hour less than he said to do the job. Next time I was in his shop he followed up and asked me how did I think suspension was going.
Summary of all that - sometimes it is about the product, sometimes it is about the service. In the case of my dealings with Ironman suspension it is both. Excellent product, tremendous dealer backup, so much so that two of my mates are running this too now.
Good Luck with your searching,
Cheers Corrugate
AnswerID: 459715

Follow Up By: poitr - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2011 at 09:34

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2011 at 09:34
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. All very handy stuff. The general message I get is that you get reasonable value considering what you pay for, with Ironman. Think I will give it a go.
Poitr
FollowupID: 733323

Sponsored Links