Doomadgee Roadhouse

Submitted: Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 16:29
ThreadID: 87502 Views:2060 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
On Sunday we called in at Doomadgee Roadhouse, as we were travelling the Savannah Way. We wanted to meet Joe and Mel (to put faces to the names) but unfortunately they were not about. We waited for about an hour, while we had a cup of coffee in the van and checked the emails, but still no sign of them. I think the staff in the Roadhouse were reluctant to rouse them out as it was still early (about 10am when we finally left).

I am sorry to have missed you Joe!
Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Al (Sunshine Coast) - Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 17:25

Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 17:25
Still early?? 10am??? Do they party all night up there? LOL

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 459662

Reply By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 18:35

Monday, Jul 11, 2011 at 18:35
and yes we did see your posts when we checked e mails on Sunday, man am i sooo dissapointed, and you know what we were up early that sat and the staff said to us that there is some tourists parked out the front waiting for us to open ....
We did another "exploring" trip on Sunday so never replied to you guys...
Allen, it is a "light beer" only community so there aint much happening in the way of partys, i only wish hahaha.

What happened was Mick & Deb (staff) got a call on Friday night about a family member that was very ill (Debs brother) and things were not looking good at all, they were not thinking to well at the time so i dont blame em, sad as they now are leaving us to go back to Brissy and we now have NO STAFF ......

So guess what we NEED some staff, if you have your own accom and want to explore the Gulf and get paid call me :-)

And from now on, if any of you guys are passing RING ME, even on weekends on 0419 866 303, reception is only av so try again if you dont get through the first time .....
Cheers and sorry we missed you guys eh
Joe
AnswerID: 459666

Follow Up By: Member - Desert Storm (QLD) - Thursday, Jul 14, 2011 at 07:31

Thursday, Jul 14, 2011 at 07:31
hey JMK,
yeah we tried to catch up with you as well about 2 weeks ago. but it was on a saturday and the people there said that you always take the weekends off...bugga! i was really looking forward to meeting you. i was travelling with just my son across to darwin via roper bar. the Calvert river was fine, but it was the Robinson that was quite deep. but anyway, we had a great trip but not didnt do to well on the fishing front. we even bought a lure from your shop, but it too didn't help. the best we did was on the limmen river with bait, and even then it was only a couple of sharks. next time i think i will definately bring a tinnie!!
catch you next time,

John
FollowupID: 733502

Follow Up By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Thursday, Jul 14, 2011 at 20:47

Thursday, Jul 14, 2011 at 20:47
Now that REALLY pees me off ...
I am so sorry eh, next time i really hope we have camp grounds and you guys can spend some time here eh....
I do feel for Mick n Deb with the family illness, it has been hard on them .... they were from the "citys" and when we said we did not work on weekends it was there job to work for us they kinda took it to extreams and when people rang or called in they would not ever let us know until mondays ..... and now they have had to go we are stuck without anybody ............
Soooo dont know anybody who wants a job with there own van, we dont have much accomodation.?????
Cheers
Joe
FollowupID: 733561

Sponsored Links