Accommodation suggestion - Burra SA?

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 07:18
ThreadID: 87531 Views:1793 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Any suggestions for a spot to stop for the night in Burra at a reasonable price.

We're traveling through & would like to save some time setting up & breaking camp (though we do like the little Burra CP but they don't have cabins.) we will if we can't find an alternative but this gains us an hour or so either looking around or traveling.

Any other cabins or affordable accommodation in the area recommended?

Thanks

Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Echucan Bob - Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 08:22

Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 08:22
Dave

We often spend our first night away in Burra. Its just the right distance to arrive at about 8.00 pm for dinner, a few refreshments, then bed. We have always stayed at the Burra Hotel. Its a classic old hotel with a balcony over the footpath, shared bathrooms and two single beds in most of the rooms. The linen is clean and showers are hot. The dining room downstairs has pressed metal ceilings. They serve a decent steak. The cost until two years ago at least was $20 per person per night. An early departure is possible, use the self serve breakfast in the dining room. Burra's a great town and worth a look around.

If you want simple, clean, friendly, old style accommodation then I can strongly recommend the Burra Hotel.

Bob
AnswerID: 459802

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:12

Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:12
Hi Dave

Only you know what your requirements are. There are a number of Pubs and many good B&B's and a very good Burra Motel in the town. For the best information and at your dollar value give the Burra Visitor Information Centre a call and they will be able to get the right accommodation at your price. The number to call is (08) 88922 154 and they are located right in the heart of Burra at 2 Market Square.

If you have time on your side, the local district self drive key tour is a must.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 459806

Reply By: Member - Richard W (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 16:20

Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 16:20
Dave,

Can recomend the Burra Hotel.
Have stayed there a couple of times.
Reasonable price and a good feed.
AnswerID: 459845

Reply By: Muddy.au - Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 19:26

Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 19:26
I have stopped at the Burra Motel, its good but not cheap, this year on the way to the Simpson I stayed at the Paxton miners cottages in the middle of town, 5 adults in a 2 room cottage $150 its a bit cold (solid stone & open fire) but has good off street parking.
AnswerID: 459867

Follow Up By: Muddy.au - Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 19:28

Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 19:28
Hi Dave

cheers Muddy
FollowupID: 733477

Sponsored Links