DUCK!

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 07:40
ThreadID: 8760 Views:1969 Replies:10 FollowUps:25
This Thread has been Archived
Geez this forum is getting a bit heated, insults and accusations, condemnation of peoples opinions, etc, I'm starting to feel like I need to put a hard hat on to read it.

Hmmm...free speech..yep we're all entitled to, freedom to express our opinions - we should be able to express them as well, stating the facts on issue [provided they are correct] absolutely..go for it...informed debate - I love it, nothing better, but when it gets to the stage it seems to be getting on this forum, it starts getting a bit "sad".

Santa's coming soon, lets' try to be good girls and boys and we might get something nice this year [like a colour meridian gps .....I've been good santa, really I have..!!]

Now..I think I need to sit under a pyramid with some cyrstals and RELAX!....and think about what I can talk Al into get next for the cruiser....lol

let's all chill out abit...

Lyn [Mrs. Al]'S Rioghail Mo Dhream

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ross - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 07:46

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 07:46
Hear hear !! ...... couldn't agree more.Rosco
AnswerID: 38504

Reply By: Russell [Pajero] - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 08:28

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 08:28
Freedom of speech is a funi fing,

sometimes one should execise their freedom and not speak, othertimes get out there and just do it.

I know nuffin about Sex, Politics and Religeon and am an advocate of the great Australian tradition of not giving a "Chit".

Just want a new roof rack and towbar for my Pajero.

Whose shout next, I'll have a red wine please.

RTA

Russell
AnswerID: 38508

Follow Up By: Wombat - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 14:10

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 14:10
Your shout Russell! Durif please."Live today as if there may be no tomorrow"

Wombat
FollowupID: 28012

Reply By: Member - Wim (Bris) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 08:38

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 08:38
Mrs Al.
I agree also. Having been a member for over six months now I have watched as some have tried to hijack this forum for their own views and low betide he (or she for that matter) who has a differing opinion.
Every effort should be made to encourage ALL to participate in this forum. If this current trend continues we may find a smaller & smaller group of people participating for fear of receiving responces the like of those of recent times.
All who participate in this forum are entitled to there opinion. If you have differing options to those of some of the participants by all means make them but there is no need for the venom.

All the very best for xmas & the new year to ALL!This 4WD stuff is addictive,
time consuming & expensive.
AnswerID: 38509

Reply By: Member - Karl - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:31

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:31
I agree. We all have an opion and a point of view. Accept what others have to say. If you don't agree fine, thats your right but attack others simply because they have a different point of view. Remember they are viewing your comments from a different perspective and therefore may see a different picture.

Only 4 days left and then I am off to Gods Country (WA) - well thats my opinion any way.Everyone is entitled to have an opinion - just make sure that yours is correct.
AnswerID: 38511

Follow Up By: koh - Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 13:05

Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 13:05
Ill look out for ya on your way to WA... We are in Merredin

are you driving the truck in the pic you havr here?

cheers
Bill
FollowupID: 82663

Reply By: Member - Oskar(Bris) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:06

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:06
Despite what I said in the other post about threats to our freedom of speech .........
Let's stick to trucks and camping and stuff on this forum ....... we all need to escape from time to time from the crud in the world and this forum helps us do that very well without the other stuff.
cheers
OskarThe real oskar
AnswerID: 38513

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:10

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:10
Woof Oscar...I agree, sometimes we just need something else to take us away from the shiat we might be in, the pain we may suffer, I've made some fantastic friends on this site...and I hope I continue to do so...

take care....

Lyn'S Rioghail Mo Dhream

FollowupID: 27973

Follow Up By: Member - Des Lexik(SA) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:39

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:39
G'day Oskar, I'm only expressing my opinion, however if the site was restricted to trucks and camping gear stuff, it would be very boring. It is bad enough now with questions like "what tyre should I use or suspension types etc" As a long time reader we have seen these questions before but in recognition of the newer site readers, they have not and therefore their questions are bonefide.
To keep the interest up, I enjoy reading posts on other issues like the closing of the Otways etc. We need to be kept informed and as far as 4WDing issues go as that way we can better make an informed opinion.
It is sad when looking back on reflection that some of the earlier contributers no longer voice their opinions because of the ridicule they have recieved.ne cede malis
FollowupID: 27975

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:50

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:50
and it will be as sad if some of the current users feel they can no longer express an opinion for fear of being ridiculed and sadder still if they left.

'S Rioghail Mo Dhream

FollowupID: 27980

Reply By: Andrew - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 11:06

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 11:06
Wow - becoming more like the Ma we all know....

My advice is don't let peoples abuse worry you - if says more about the abusers problems with coping with differences. Difference of opinion is great because it brings diversity.

Advice number two:

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of bleep
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...

AnswerID: 38521

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 11:11

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 11:11
Once a mother...always a mother....

and now to you....

you have been elevated in my opinions...anyone who is Python fan...and quotes from the Life of Brian is OK with me....lol....

Blessed are the Peacemakers...or should that read "cheesemakers"

Lyn

'S Rioghail Mo Dhream

FollowupID: 27987

Follow Up By: Andrew - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 20:40

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 20:40
..... elevated in your opinions .....woo hoo.... I must be up to 1 out of 10 now after all the bleep I gave you about looking like Mrs McGillacutty. LOL. I just noticed that the "shi." word got into the post in the Python song.
I reckon that some people are just sh.. stirrers and post in a hostile way as part of a game. I reckon that this site is fantastic and I hope David and Michelle get a lot of kudos and joy and happiness and ultimately money from the site.
I am gunna become a member by spending some money but my better half told me not to buy stuff before Santa comes because......he might bring me some stuff.
Andrew
FollowupID: 28582

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 20:48

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 20:48
Great, become a member..it's well worth it...and the shiat about McGillacutty...I laughed my socks off...nice to know I'm not the only one who watched Hey Hey...and quite frankly when all this stuff happened I was writing my post..I wanted to quote Life of Brian too, but I wanted to quote the bit when Reg says

"I want to be a woman, I want to be called Loretta......" but I thought people would just think I'm nuts...which is pretty well right...lol

Lyn'S Rioghail Mo Dhream

FollowupID: 28588

Follow Up By: Andrew - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 21:02

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 21:02
Oh those were the days.... My kids are 10, 5 and 3. My 10 year old recently came back from a party and they had been watching the Goodies just released on DVD... he laughed and laughed apparently..... I have this urge to go out and hire or buy all sorts of wacky stuff.. Monty Python, Flying High, Goodies, would like to get the Paul Hogan shows and Comedy Company stuff...... maybe a letter to Santa.
FollowupID: 28591

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 21:08

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 21:08
The Goodies...ahahaha...and the giant kitten..I have a cd of Goodies songs..you can get goodies stuff on DVD I think...and I definitely have to have some Kenny Everitt..ahahaha...those were the days indeed..class on the telly...my kids are 2 & 4 and are yet to experience the finer things in life....'S Rioghail Mo Dhream

FollowupID: 28592

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 11:31

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 11:31
Lyn,

Duck is right we are trying to work out what the hell is happening out there. I guess it must be that the time of giving is comming so lets stick it to everyone in the ExplorOz forum and while we are at it lets attack the owners and creators of the site.

Can we all get over what ever the hell is going on and get back to the point.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
AnswerID: 38523

Follow Up By: Les N - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 12:12

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 12:12
Absolutly! I agree totally with you David. It's spoiling an otherwise top rate 4WD site and makes newbies like myself very reluctant to open my mouth in fear i might get my head bit off.
FollowupID: 27998

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 16:27

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 16:27
Les,

don't ever be scared to say what you think, but remember just to bear in mind a bit of decency and talk to others lik eyou would like to talked to.

works almost all the time for meLaterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
FollowupID: 82735

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 14:25

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 14:25
Hmmm, did I miss something or am I just becoming "inurred"??? Fellow forumites new and old, don't worry about it. Those of us who've been visiting for awhile have seen this sort of thing before and eventually (thankfully) it just goes away and those of us who just come here to have a natter, a laugh and maybe learn something can get on with it.

:o) MelissaPetrol 4.5L GU Patrol &
Camprite TL8 offroad camper
http://members.westnet.com.au/flatdog
AnswerID: 38542

Follow Up By: Member - Melissa - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 14:57

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 14:57
Yep, just got to the threads that have obviously upset some folks. Still say ignore it and it will go away. Lifes too short! Rather spend the time compiling my Christmas list, LOL.

FollowupID: 28015

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 15:25

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 15:25
what's for Christmas this year Melissa, apart from a baby in the New Year'S Rioghail Mo Dhream

FollowupID: 28527

Follow Up By: Member - Melissa - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 15:32

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 15:32
Well I dunno yet. Got a couple of books in mind but that's about it...boring huh! Soon to be a one income family for awhile and saving for our Kimberley trip next year so I don't think I'll be asking for anything too extravagant :-(((((. So organised we've got Matty's chrissy shopping done already! Greg hasn't asked for anything yet but since he just got a new car I should think not, LOL!

What about you lot?

FollowupID: 28528

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 15:36

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 15:36
Kids organised...

Al - organised I think...lol...

and he wants to get UHF and GPS so that's an "ours" pressie...but that may not happen before chrissie - there's no hurry....

'S Rioghail Mo Dhream

FollowupID: 28530

Follow Up By: Member - Eskimo - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 17:23

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 17:23
Which thread is Mellissa talking aboutWow! am I cute
If yer ain't fishing, Yer ain't livin
Richard
FollowupID: 28549

Follow Up By: Member - Melissa - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 17:31

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 17:31
Richard,

I was talking about Post 8756 and some others relating to the poll. Nothing wrong with healthy debate but some of the responses seem to be getting personal.

FollowupID: 28550

Follow Up By: Member - Eskimo - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 17:53

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 17:53
thanks mellissa
found it and rad it but i have my views....my lips are staying sealed on this one....maybe?
Wow! am I cute
Richard
FollowupID: 28559

Follow Up By: Member - Eskimo - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 17:54

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 17:54
thanks mellissa
found it and read it but i have my views....my lips are staying sealed on this one....maybe?
Wow! am I cute
Richard
FollowupID: 28560

Reply By: Wombat - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 14:28

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 14:28
I prefer mine oven roasted on mashed potatoes with a red wine jus.

Just like they do at the Grange in Lancefield.

Oh perhaps with a good bottle of Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon.

Yum Yuuuuuuuuummmm!"Live today as if there may be no tomorrow"

Wombat
AnswerID: 38543

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 14:58

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 14:58
mmmm that sounds nice...except for the duck bit...lol...

I think the Grange in Lancefield might be in need of a visit really soon...what do you reckon?

'S Rioghail Mo Dhream

FollowupID: 28016

Follow Up By: Wombat - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 15:41

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 15:41
It's a date . . . . . . . . . . . . lover!"Live today as if there may be no tomorrow"

Wombat
FollowupID: 28533

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 15:44

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 15:44
Shhhhhhhh....don't let the cat out of the bag, it'll cause jealousy and division...geez..I've told you that before....

ROFLMFAO'S Rioghail Mo Dhream

FollowupID: 28534

Follow Up By: Member - Des Lexik(SA) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 16:28

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 16:28
Wombat, I've caught you out. You had your chance years ago and didn't measure up. I'm taking her to Cape Leveque so stop trying to cut my lunch.
I'm not laughing just Hystericalne cede malis
FollowupID: 28540

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 16:32

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 16:32
He hasn't got a hope Des....xx'S Rioghail Mo Dhream

FollowupID: 28541

Reply By: ThePublican - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 19:01

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 19:01
Just goes to show that the " Silly " season is upon us,,only know of 2 good ducks,,,Daffy and the one in the oven..
AnswerID: 38582

Sponsored Links