Temporary caravan storage in Windorah qld

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 19, 2011 at 16:59
ThreadID: 87657 Views:2024 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, we are presently in Far North Qld and will be coming home via Windorah. We would like to visit Birdsville & The Cooper whilst the ferry is running. We have a tent etc so looking to leave the van at Windorah for a few days whilst we do this. Does anyone know of any facility or whether the caravan offers this facility?
Thanks,
Willy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mel59 - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2011 at 18:20

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2011 at 18:20
There is a council run park in the main street, was only $5 a person when I was there 2 years ago, would be perfect for your needs.

Mel
AnswerID: 460359

Reply By: Member - Michael & Jill - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2011 at 23:03

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2011 at 23:03
We stayed at the Windorah caravan park in May this year for $10 a night for the two of us & because we stayed four nights we got the 4th night for free & this was for a powered site. While staying there the couple beside us stayed the 1st night in their van & then left their van there & went off to Birdsville for the next night & then returning to their van for the 3rd night. I though what a great idea to be able to leave your van with power & not tow the van over 800km of unsealed road to visit Birdsville for a day. I know this is their peak tourist time at the moment but give them a call you may find what your looking for.
Hope this helps,
Michael.
AnswerID: 460376

Sponsored Links