Lock Rite Difflock for MQ

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 21:37
ThreadID: 8785 Views:1956 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are looking at putting in a lock rite diff lock in the rear of our MQ Patrol. Has anyone had any experience with these on road in an MQ Patrol (noises,parking etc )I have read the good reports off road.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Eric- Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 22:56

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 22:56
ok he seem to be going over and over the same subject here .

There is 2 lock rite type diff locks , the lokker from Adelaide , and the lock right from Melbourne , there are also detroit locker and soft lockers ,

I have a Lokker in the rear of my 80 , and am very happy with its performance , it is noisy on turns , but I am use to it . I wouldnt fit one on the front , because I want the option of turning it off for steering .
I only fitted it in the rear due to the fact Landcruisers have the worst LSD known to man . and I like both wheels working on dirt road , unlike the Air locker that works as a open diff when off . The lockright works on a similar principle , I heard that htey are noisier , but this is only what I have been told . They are also twice the price . The experience I had with a detroit was not good , they work as a open diff and engadge when they sence slip , I fitted one in a friends Patrol and we both hated it , it engadges sometimes on asfelt when going around sweeping bends , and make driving dangerous on wet roads . This our experience I hope it is some help .Venus Bay
AnswerID: 38623

Reply By: Coops (Pilbara) - Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 14:45

Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 14:45
You've got the best LSD going so I'd put one in the front were I in your position.
Steering is only affected (slightly) when hubs are engaged.
I wouldn't be without one in the front of my bus.Allyn
Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen.
AnswerID: 38677

Reply By: Member - Roger - Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 17:27

Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 17:27
Gday mate Ive Got one in the rear of my Gu and have found no probs as yet 90,000 kliks. It makes the steering a little heavy when locked up but this is no drama with poer steering. But in the rear I do not know.
regards Dodg
AnswerID: 38696

Sponsored Links