Nissan Terrano 2.7TD '94 - overdrive dropping

Submitted: Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 16:41
ThreadID: 8827 Views:3865 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Howdy folks,

As per the subject, the auto box will not hold the overdrive. On a level stretch of road it will suddenly kick down for no good reason at all. It may go into overdrive again straight away (parhaps repeating this game a few times) or it may just stay in the lower gear for a while before changing back up.

Has anybody experienced anything like this? Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

I'll probably have to take it into a gearbox shop. Can somebody recommend a reputable place in Perth (northern suburbs) that won't try to rip me off?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Later
- Bart
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 17:39

Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 17:39
BartG, it might not be dropping out of overdrive. My 3.0ltd drops out too especialy when towing but it is the tourque converter not holding in overdrive, to check if it's the torque converter next time it do's it pull it back manually to second & if it changes gear you know it's not dropping out of overdrive but not holding overdrive.Regards Bob
Where to next
AnswerID: 38828

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 21:03

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 21:03
There is an adjustment that can be made to a "thing" (technical name as I can think of it at the moment) on the fuel pump, was playing with my one when I had the fuel pump redone.

You undo 2 screws and turn it one way or the other to make it change earlier or later..

Also could be your foot on the go pedal more than you think...
AnswerID: 38905

Sponsored Links