Karijini ~ Cops ~ Robbers and idiots.

Image Could Not Be FoundG'day Folks

I am having a quiet day from my normal line of things to do and I have actually had time to read reports on some of the "Going's on" that have gone on, in the local area.

The DEC (department of environment & conservation) along with the Tom Price/Paraburdoo Police ~ joined forces as roving patrols in the Karijini National Park on July the 16th and 17th to bring law and order in the park.

The main worry being inappropriate behaviour, non payment of park entry/camping fees, illegal camping, theft and speeding within the boundaries of the national park. I am all for Law and Order, because orderly society in general is based on laws that dictate how we should behave.

Around 200 vehicles were stopped and inspected with two vehicle defect notices issued, 85 random breath tests carried out, resulting in one DUI.

There were several minor infringement notices for vehicle related " non compliance"?

I don't know how National Parks outside of WA operate, but one would think the "Park Rangers" would oversee the on the ground management of the place, or am I thinking back too far in time when that was the norm.

But I have to admit "times have changed"

The scary part about this "checking and controling" exercise is, no one was "checking or controling" the dumb arse European tourist who hopped over the safety rail at Oxers Gorge look out, so his "Fraulein" could snap his image at the edge of the precipice.

This was just after they both read the words on the memorial Celtic Cross to the late Jim Regan.

Safe travells : PICTOURS

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: roger ramjet - Friday, Aug 05, 2011 at 21:57

Friday, Aug 05, 2011 at 21:57
I was up in Myall Lakes NP last year and they have security guards/bouncers. Big burly fellas in black pants, white shirt and all.
They gave me their mobile number and suggested if there were any problems to call them straight away. 24hrs a day.

Apparently it gets so out of hand on occasion the NP rangers wont have a bar of it, they're not police.
Having a look around some of the ugly bogans occupying the campsites the next day I'm not surprised....the usual idiots.
It's a shame that reserves of quiet retreat, relaxation and natural beauty have become playgrounds for the mindless goons of society. But you could say that about a lot of Oz....

AnswerID: 461930

Follow Up By: Hairy (WA) - Saturday, Aug 06, 2011 at 11:48

Saturday, Aug 06, 2011 at 11:48
Im not sure if being ugly and labled a Bogan has anything to do with being a trouble maker does it?
FollowupID: 735688

Follow Up By: Dennis Ellery - Saturday, Aug 06, 2011 at 20:22

Saturday, Aug 06, 2011 at 20:22
Dead right Hairy - contrary to popular belief, some of us ugly bogans are quite law abiding people
FollowupID: 735724

Follow Up By: roger ramjet - Sunday, Aug 07, 2011 at 08:59

Sunday, Aug 07, 2011 at 08:59
Note the words "some of us" ;-)
And you are correct, not all of those stupid bogans are ugly.
FollowupID: 735739

Reply By: Dennis Ellery - Friday, Aug 05, 2011 at 22:08

Friday, Aug 05, 2011 at 22:08
Pardon my ignorance, but who is the late Jim Regan?
AnswerID: 461933

Follow Up By: Member - Joe F (WA) - Saturday, Aug 06, 2011 at 23:31

Saturday, Aug 06, 2011 at 23:31
Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found Good evening all

My apology Dennis, the Celtic Cross memorial is a sad but fitting reminder for the visiting public to see and appreciate ~ it is in honor to the memory of a genuinely nice bloke, who paid the ultimate price in the service to aid and assist the public.

I trust the images in this follow up reply help give some explanation to what was a very real tragedy and sadly the antics of the "foolish" can easily cause it to happen again.

Safe Travells : PICTOURS

FollowupID: 735736

Reply By: wizzer73 - Friday, Aug 05, 2011 at 22:17

Friday, Aug 05, 2011 at 22:17
jim reagan news

Jim Reagan was a SES volunteer who died during a rescue.

As for the tourist who climbed over the rail, unfortunately it is not illegal to be stupid lol

wizzer
AnswerID: 461936

Follow Up By: Dennis Ellery - Saturday, Aug 06, 2011 at 11:44

Saturday, Aug 06, 2011 at 11:44
Thanks for the info Wizzer.
I couldn't read the inscription on Joe's photo.
FollowupID: 735687

Sponsored Links