4WD SYSTEMS - GOANNAWHERE - IS THERE GEAR GOOD QUALITY????

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 30, 2003 at 19:45
ThreadID: 8865 Views:7274 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guy's,
Just a quick note. I own a September 2002 Mitsubishi Challenger. Have Arb Air lockers fitter to the rear, TJM Series 2000 heavy duty suspention which has given me a bit more lift, rhino roof rack and have TJM fitting a triton 3ltr petrol Airtec snorkel to my challenger next week for water crossings. The vehicle is comming along nicley, but the next few steps will include a bigger fuel tank, and cargo barrier. The current fuel tank is a 74ltr petrol tank, and I have thought about fitting gas, but have been advised against this, as it is harder to find gas of the beatten track then petrol. Most of the companies I have enquired with only make a 115ltr LR replacement tank, 4WD systems make a 126ltr tank. Has anybody fitted one of there replacement tanks from 4WD systems, and are they a reasonable quality. I'm also looking a fitting a cargo barrier from them, and would also like to know if anybody has one from them. I live in the Brisbane area, and would be fitting these myself, but would not like to purchase them if, people have had bad experiences with them. They seem like a pretty good company from my research, and the article on there lokka diffs a couple back seemed to get a good report, so I'm after some first hand experience from the 4WD community out there.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Eric- Sunday, Nov 30, 2003 at 20:14

Sunday, Nov 30, 2003 at 20:14
One of our crew also has a Mitsubishi Chalanger , rinning air locks lift kit fitting 32" . Forget gas on a Mitsubishi . Even there new gas ebgine is a no go. Alot of 4WD Systems products are great , I am a customer of theres . The only product I have purchased that I didnt like , was the spare wheel carries , it is very cheeply made and poor quality . If I could go back , I would purchase the Kamar anyday . There suspension kits lockers snorkels , long range tanks are fantastic ,

hope this helps
Venus Bay
AnswerID: 38970

Reply By: Rowler - Sunday, Nov 30, 2003 at 20:48

Sunday, Nov 30, 2003 at 20:48
If you do a search on "4wd systems" in this forum you should get plenty of reading material to keep you amused whilst you are waiting for other replies....

Seeya Rowler
AnswerID: 38975

Reply By: Jeff (Beddo) - Monday, Dec 01, 2003 at 12:00

Monday, Dec 01, 2003 at 12:00
Purchased a 120 L tank for my vehicle - I must admit it is a import but they said no probs - we have fitting directions and all the bits as we have fitted our tanks to these vehicles before. Anyway directions were hopeless, missing bits also - went to local shop and said can you guys fit it ! They hated the job, said they would not really go with make of tank. Tested the tank went to the Kimberley and noticed a slight leak coming from - I believe the weld line along one of the sides where a bracket is. Presently getting local shop to follow up on warranty. No I would not go thru 4WD systems again - don't expect to have a leak ever unless I have put a rock straight thru it.Cheers, Beddo
Surf KZN185
<- Yengo NP, Central Coast NSW
AnswerID: 39032

Follow Up By: ceredig - Monday, Dec 01, 2003 at 16:56

Monday, Dec 01, 2003 at 16:56
Hi,
I bought a long range tank from 4wd systems and wouldn't go to them again again.
The engineer who fitted it (a local bloke, not 4wd systems) had to bash the bodywork around the filler opening to make it fit, and then it would bump the prop shaft at any little bump!
Couldn't load up for camping. It took months of bullying before I got a replacement. I wrote a book on the number of excuses for not taking my calls. It was always we'll call back later, he's not in today.....
I suggest that you go somewhere else, anywhere else!!!!
It turned out that the dud was two and a half centimetres out from their own spec for one of the mounting brackets. A clear cse of poor quality control. But why did they argue about it? 2cm too low will bash anyones drive shaft. Did they think I wouldn't notice?
FollowupID: 82866

Reply By: Mike from Northside 4 Wheel Drive Club - Monday, Dec 01, 2003 at 22:51

Monday, Dec 01, 2003 at 22:51
I got a 115litre for my Challenger from Opposite Lock. They don't make them anymore but still had some to sell so I was happy with the price ($800- fitted). It didn't come with a bash plate & I've already changed the shape of it but it still seems to hold 115. Other than the bash plate, I've been happy & the price seemed good especially when Mitsubishi wanted to charge me $1400- for a standard 74L replacement
AnswerID: 39115

Sponsored Links