Replacing 80 series Turbo Diesel with either Prado o Nissan 3.0l Turbo Diesel

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 28, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 887 Views:2286 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am considering replacing my 1992 80 Series Landcruiser Turbo Diesel, used mainly for towing a 2,000Kg caravan, and notice that both the Prodo and Nissan 3.0 Litre turbo diesels have roughly the same power and torque as my cruikser, and both have respectable size fuel capacities. Can I expect the towing capabilities of the Prado and Nissan to be similar to my Cruiser.

Any input from owners of either Prado or Nissan Turbo diesels would be most gratefully appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cairns Offroad Training & Tours - Friday, Mar 29, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Mar 29, 2002 at 01:00
I have no experience with the Prado for towing. We used a 3 lt Patrol to tow a tandem trailer across the Simpson Desert last year and it was faultless. It was an automatic and I would certainly recommend an automatic if you intend doing a lot of towing. Jim I am in need of another vehicle for training, if your cruiser is white or light in colour please contact me offline 4wdtraining@cairns.net.au
AnswerID: 2549

Reply By: G.P. South Hedland W.A. - Tuesday, Apr 02, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Apr 02, 2002 at 00:00
Dear Jim
Towing capabilities of a prado and nissan are similar,but their build quality are not the same as the cruiser.They can safely tow your caravan,but it is a question of how reliable and trouble free are they going to be.You allready got the best rig-engine combo as far as i am concerned
AnswerID: 2576

Sponsored Links