Magestic knight S3 17'6 en-suite

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 28, 2011 at 19:04
ThreadID: 88740 Views:1851 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hi to everyone reading this
i was just wondering if anyone knows much about this van, me and the wife are looking at
buying a van of this size with Queen bed and en-suite.
looks to be a nice van, also have looked at the Nova Revivor 16'6 with same layout.
just get a bit confusing with so many brands out there this is our first van and looking at doing alot of traveling in the near future so comfort is high priority with reliability.

thx John.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, Aug 28, 2011 at 21:05

Sunday, Aug 28, 2011 at 21:05
Hi John - are you looking at new or used? Look beyond the layout.

Hire or buy a cheap anything - a tent will do - and go to some of the types of places you want to go with your caravan and talk to everyone about their caravans - that is where you will really find out about what works and what doesn't.

Motherhen

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 463748

Reply By: Member - John and Lynne - Monday, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:47

Monday, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:47
It is worthwhile to do a lot of research before committing to any van. Do not trust salesmen - many will say ANYTHING to sell a van. It really isn't too hard to become a bit knowledgeable so you at least know what questions to ask and how to understand the answers. A nice layout and pretty colour scheme are the least important things - they come AFTER you have sorted the basics.
Some of the things you need to understand, from our mixed experience in learning the hard (and expensive) way:
- the meaning of the different weights for vans TARE, ATM, GVM, towball weight, payload and how these may apply to your choice of tow vehicle.
-types of suspension and what sort of conditions they are suitable for
-types of van construction, aluminium or timber frame, fibreglass or aluminium cladding
-airconditioning and heating choices
-single axle or double axle
-poptop or full height
Once you start you will find out more information. Keep a record as you go. You will be amazed at how quickly you learn and how your ideas will change as you go.
It is a very good idea to visit large caravan parks and ask owners questions about their vans.
Enjoy your search for the van that suits you. Don't be in too much of a hurry. Mistakes are expensive! Lynne
AnswerID: 463785

Reply By: john c1 - Monday, Aug 29, 2011 at 16:48

Monday, Aug 29, 2011 at 16:48
thankyou

John and Lynne, Motherhen.

i have a NP 3.8 Pajero with less than 100k and i have lived in a tent and caravan parks half my life (picked fruit and veg for 15 years travelling north and south for years)
we have looked at quite a few vans since planning our new adventure starting with ex-panda's, pop tops even had a camper trailer and lived in that awaiting our house to be built, found that to be a little cold during winter in Tasmania :-).
so we (mostly Robyn my wife) have decided on a full roof single axle van towing about 2000kg with a en-suite and queen bed (for my height) to be the right ingredients for our home away from home.
me i don't care much for the en-suite but Robyn looks further down the track and looking long term with this investment.
so bottom line is that we both know vanning and the hwy is for us we have a good tow vehicle and plan on spending 3 months a year for the next 10 years.
just not sure on build quality of certain caravans and if there are improvements that others would make if they were to upgrade there vans, its the little things that count most of the big ones have been addressed by people like you who live it and breath it.

Kind Regards
John and Robyn.
AnswerID: 463805

Reply By: Member - John and Lynne - Tuesday, Aug 30, 2011 at 08:26

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2011 at 08:26
It sounds like you are well organised. In terms of your original question try posting on Caravaners Forum. You will not get people posting strongly negative views on any van you ask about as forum managers on forums don't want to be sued! However you will hear from any happy owners and others who may have technical advice for you. A lack of positive replies is, in itself, a message! Just keep asking questions! There are so many vans out there that it seems confusing but soon you will be able to narrow your selection. Good Luck!Lynne
AnswerID: 463842

Follow Up By: john c1 - Tuesday, Aug 30, 2011 at 16:40

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2011 at 16:40
thank you again Lynne.

i really do appreciate your comments and knowledge and i will ask lots of questions before making a decision on what to buy.
just looking forward to this new lifestyle and meeting like minded people on the road.

regards John.
FollowupID: 737753

Sponsored Links