Dobinson coils & leaf springs

Just wondering on peoples first hand opinions on dobinson coil and leaf springs
Thanks
Duncan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ken triton - Wednesday, Sep 07, 2011 at 20:35

Wednesday, Sep 07, 2011 at 20:35
Hi Duncan,
Over the years I have used King, Pedders,TJM and I now have Dobinsons in my 100 series (coils) and I think they are great they are not harsh in the ride and seem to handle weight pretty well. I would definitely recommend them.
Regards
Ken
AnswerID: 464461

Reply By: MEMBER Bushbum - Thursday, Sep 08, 2011 at 07:57

Thursday, Sep 08, 2011 at 07:57
Morning Fitzie and I have used their products for many years on a number of different vehicles. they make a good product and their after market support is probably better than most. If you tell them what use you have for the vehicle they can supply a suitable system.

Regards,
Bushbum
AnswerID: 464476

Reply By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Thursday, Sep 08, 2011 at 08:26

Thursday, Sep 08, 2011 at 08:26
Hi Duncan,
I had a full system fitted (50mm lift F&R) to my 'old' 200 series. It reduced body roll & didn't reduce the ride quality that much.
After two years a leak started to develop in one of the rear shocks, a quick phone call to Ray (sales at the factory Rockhampton) a new set of rear shocks was in my possession in a few days... excellent service.
I dont know where you live ....but we were traveling up the Qld coast & it was convenient to have the kit fitted at the factory (Rocky) at what I believe considerable savings. You can even get a very interesting tour of the factory, they are really nice people to deal with!
The company & product gets my tick of approval.

Usual disclaimer... No association with this company
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 464478

Reply By: Rockape - Thursday, Sep 08, 2011 at 17:39

Thursday, Sep 08, 2011 at 17:39
Duncan,

They back their products and don't shy away from any warrenty problems, be it spring sagging or wrong height springs.

Good company.
AnswerID: 464501

Sponsored Links