Bullo River Track

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 10, 2011 at 11:59
ThreadID: 88936 Views:1568 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Has anyone travelled the Bullo River Track recently from the Silver City Hwy through to Thargomindah. Also plan to travel from Thargomindah to Hungerford and through to Eulo.Any thought would be great

Lindsay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:17

Saturday, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:17
Thargo to Hungerford is currently closed due to rain, I have my Fingers crossed the rain stays away and the roads out that way are reopened Monday. As we are wanting to go via Noccundra to Camerons corner to get to Silverton.

I think Member Bucky went through that way early last week (before the rain)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 464633

Follow Up By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Saturday, Sep 10, 2011 at 15:15

Saturday, Sep 10, 2011 at 15:15
Kev Hi,
When did the Eulo S.S. burn down? Was a good thing that 66klm not 166k a couple of weeks back.
Mt Sturt , cairn & Poole's grave good deviation & bit of exercise if You have the time.
Enjoy the trip.
Mike.
FollowupID: 738633

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Sep 10, 2011 at 15:30

Saturday, Sep 10, 2011 at 15:30
The Eulo Store and Servo burnt down on the night of the 25 Jul 2011.

I am meeting the current owner on Tuesday to talk about getting the shop rebuilt with a residence attached. Hopefully a Builder here in Chinchilla gets the job so I can do the required Building approvals (be at least 3 work related trips out there then hehehehe).

They are talking about setting up a small transportable building in the short term so that they can start trding again even if it is only to get the fule bowsers operating before the Legislation changes at the end of the year which may stop them having the Fuel bowsers ;)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 738635

Reply By: Member - Justin O (QLD) - Saturday, Sep 10, 2011 at 21:30

Saturday, Sep 10, 2011 at 21:30
Hi LindsayC, I read some where recently where a census collector (a local) said the road from Tickalara to Bulloo Downs was washed out. Got through but took hours.
AnswerID: 464650

Sponsored Links