Jayco Expanda options

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 24, 2011 at 20:45
ThreadID: 89214 Views:1878 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,
Hubbie and I are in the process of working out what we want in a Jayco Expanda 16.49. Nearly ready to order but we are undecided on a couple of options.
To get in under budget do we stick with the cupboard air con or upgrade to the roof air con and not get the hot water system with external shower.

I am after suggestions for and against.

So abit about our travel plans:
two - three weeks a year mainly in caravan parks
around six weekend trips a years preferably free camping.
two adults and one fur baby.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Michelle
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: simond - Saturday, Sep 24, 2011 at 21:12

Saturday, Sep 24, 2011 at 21:12
Hi Michelle
We have a Expanda & find the Std air con in the cupboard works well.
If it was me I would spend the extra on the HWS & o/side shower.

Simon
AnswerID: 465942

Reply By: Steven G1 - Saturday, Sep 24, 2011 at 21:13

Saturday, Sep 24, 2011 at 21:13
Hi Michelle,

I suppose it really comes down to what you need/want the most. I have a 16.49.1 with cupboard aircon/heating, no hot water. We carry a smaller electric heater for very cold nights and on extremely hot days we pull the bed end curtains closed to minimise the area needed to be cooled(caravan parks only). We plan in the future to purchase a coleman hot water service so when free camping can still have hot water and showers. We can move the shower away from the van so no mud is in close proximity.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers Steven

AnswerID: 465944

Reply By: flashcher - Sunday, Sep 25, 2011 at 08:55

Sunday, Sep 25, 2011 at 08:55
Thanks Simon & Steven for your replies. Hubbie was unsure of the effectivness of the cupboard air con, which I told him would be better than the one we have now - none.
And besides the point, who goes away to sit inside in the air con all day - if he wants to do that he can stay home lol.

Cupboard air con and hot water is the go, now he just has to get me to release the purse strings so it can be ordered.

Michelle
AnswerID: 465978

Follow Up By: Steven G1 - Sunday, Sep 25, 2011 at 09:13

Sunday, Sep 25, 2011 at 09:13
It's always best to keep the misses happy.
Cheers
FollowupID: 739999

Sponsored Links