Travelling family wants travel companian/s/family

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 24, 2011 at 21:10
ThreadID: 89215 Views:2084 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

We are a family of 4 (Husband, wife and 2 boys 5 and 3) who have been travelling Oz for the past 2 yrs. We are on our way back to WA and plan to set off around March again. We like to work on our way and have found it restricting travelling alone. So far we have worked in one spot 3-4 months at a time.

We are after a family that would also be interested in a short trip 2-4 months, starting in WA, could join us in SA though, and work mainly the harvest trail around the south east of SA, VIC, north of NSW coastal and QLD coast. Our idea being that 3 could work and 1 could watch the children, or 2 and 1 at home if there are any single parents interested. We are restricted with our van to main roads and not far off the beaten track, although we do carry our tent etc for camping.

We dont really have a timeline are our motto is not to make plans so nothing can go wrong. So if the like the idea of this please reply!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DOEY- Sunday, Oct 02, 2011 at 16:50

Sunday, Oct 02, 2011 at 16:50
hi

there is a facebook group of travelling families. you may want to check it out. We are travelling atm and have been on the road with our 4 yo. great fun.

facebook group

or in facebook search for "familes on the road- travelling australia"

a great network of people.

cheers
AnswerID: 466590

Follow Up By: Trailerparkscotts - Monday, Oct 03, 2011 at 00:59

Monday, Oct 03, 2011 at 00:59
hhhmmm I tried this and it did not come up with much... is it a private group? I will try it again

Thanks
FollowupID: 740742

Follow Up By: DOEY- Monday, Oct 03, 2011 at 09:28

Monday, Oct 03, 2011 at 09:28
hi

no, the group is an open group. The link above may not work as exploroz may restrict external links to websites (im not sure about that tho).

It is a great group of families, we really enjoy talking to them. There is one familiy on there who has a bus and 9 kids and have been living on the road for years. They have some great stories to tell and plenty of tips to share aswell. I know there are families looking to connect with other families too.

try searching for "Families on the road-Travelling Australia" in facebook under Groups.
If not try searching for Gone Bush in facebook, he admins the group!

Hope that helps.

doey
FollowupID: 740750

Follow Up By: Trailerparkscotts - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:58

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:58
Thanks I found it. Looks very helpful. Thanks
FollowupID: 740942

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 11:49

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 11:49
Doey, it works fine if you place "http://" before your web address when inserting a web link ;)

Andrew
FollowupID: 740953

Sponsored Links