AIR CLEANER ELEMENT

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 04, 2011 at 16:40
ThreadID: 89377 Views:1234 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone know where non genuine dry air cleaner element for 03 Mazda Diesel Bravo can be purchased "at the right price" and is it economical to have it cleaned by Filta Wash or similar as spare?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Tuesday, Oct 04, 2011 at 17:06

Tuesday, Oct 04, 2011 at 17:06
For the few dollars you'd save I reckon you'd be best to stick to the original, or something of a higher spec rather than a cheaper alternative.. Clean air is good for the vehicle.
AnswerID: 466777

Follow Up By: Echucan Bob - Tuesday, Oct 04, 2011 at 17:21

Tuesday, Oct 04, 2011 at 17:21
I found I was paying over $30 for elements in Oz. The same OEM element from the country of origin was about $8 so I bought several. Nuther example of how local retailers overcharge.
FollowupID: 740877

Follow Up By: stevo - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 07:38

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 07:38
Hi Echucan Bob -------- I presume you bought same on-line ----- Can you give me website?
FollowupID: 740929

Follow Up By: olcoolone - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:18

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:18
Echucan Bob... so if we dropped your wages down and took your work conditions away you would be happy..... I forgot freight is free and so is handling Oh and the guy selling you the filter is doing it for nothing as well.

Yes us local retailers are over charging... maybe we are overcharging to give the employer a better life style.

According to you Echucan Bob running costs of a business and over heads are zero..... are you sure your not a pollie.

Seems nobody in Australia are allowed to make a profit...

And we wonder why Australia is going down the drain.

As you can see I hate this so called them, me and getting ripped off attitude of some.
FollowupID: 740935

Reply By: Macca44 - Tuesday, Oct 04, 2011 at 17:23

Tuesday, Oct 04, 2011 at 17:23
Gday stevo. donaldson air filters are very good at a reasonably price, I think they would make on for your mazda bravo. As for cleaning you would have to compare price but i don't think it is worth while , if you do clean only do once. regards Macca.
AnswerID: 466780

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:53

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:53
hi stevo and macca 44
paper air cleaner elements can be cleaned several times
as an ex farmer i have cleaned many paper elements on my farm tractors sometimes daily in extreme dust conditions due to soil type
90 psi is safe we had 3 john deer tractors and a jd header all with paper elements so i am speaking from a volume of experience on this subject and am happy to pass this on

but dont put the air nozzle right on the element keep it back about an inch/25mm clean from the inside but also remove outside dust with deflected air or with vacumm cleaner dont scrape the vax nozzle on the element flutes or you may damage them

i have also used the shed vacumm cleaner
an old vax with the same success
i currently have a 1997 after-market safari turbo'd bravo diesel mazda that i purchased new and have cleaned the paper element several times and its still in a1 condition and the engine is not starving for air or using extra fuel
i have a 40w globe test light that i put inside it after cleaning to make sure there were no small perfurations in the paper if you see a small pin hole or any signs of thinning of the paper then ditch it and replace the element
truckline parts usually have the filters and have reasonable prices
cheers barry
FollowupID: 740941

Sponsored Links