suspension lift kit for ns pajero swb?

Hi guys! I'm just bought my swb. wanna do some mod on it for High Country trip this year.
start with suspensions.it seems lovells and bilsten are popular choice. what about some cheaper? like tough dog or OME.

I want something could keep for long, heard some negative feedback about OME, are they really ragged after while?

I want to keep some budget for next mod, maybe not go for the best one.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: AlbyNSW - Tuesday, Oct 04, 2011 at 22:45

Tuesday, Oct 04, 2011 at 22:45
I have Bilsteins and very happy with them, Tough Dog got a good wrap in the last 4WD Action comparo as best value for money. I know a number of people who were not happy with their OME setups due to sagging over time.

I would get Bilsteins again as my first choice but go for the Tough Dog if wanting to save a few $$$$
AnswerID: 466814

Reply By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 06:37

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 06:37
Chris Hi,
The bilstein on my Pajero are coping very well with the corrugations and weight of camping gear or caravan. The cost difference is worth it in my view.
Mike.
AnswerID: 466823

Reply By: NTVRX - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:31

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:31
Have a browse through the pajero four wheel drive club of victoria web site there is a catagory for NS Pajero. There are numerous posts about your subject & like this forum,the members who post there are very helpful. Good luck. Remember Google is your best friend.
AnswerID: 466831

Reply By: Andrew - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 16:31

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 16:31
Hi Chris

I noticed your header was about lift kits.
As you have a SWB I suggest you try decent tyres first as a shorty should not need a lift. You will get more bang for your buck especially if you manage your tyre pressures for the conditions.

The comments about OME sagging is referring to springs not shocks.

I have had a good run out of OME, Bilstein and Koni shocks on various vehicles.

They all vary slightly on how the vehicle handles so you need to work out what you want the vehicle to do. for example the Bilsteins tend to be "tighter" than the others so might help a shorty that floats around too much. I understand the tough dogs (I haven't personally used them) are good on corrugations because they don't snub down as hard so you float more.

You need to think it through because if you change shocks now you will need to change them again later if you do go for a lift.

regards

A
AnswerID: 466845

Follow Up By: Chris S3 - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 18:33

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 18:33
Thanks Andrew! I have change a set of Bridgestone AT tyres. To be honest I have no problem with ground clearance for now, I usually travel by the book "4wd treks close to Sydney". All the treks I have been visit even the most difficult one beefsteak fire trail has no problem at all. Not sure other area outside NSW, High Country or Cape York or Simpson. I am planning go two of them next year. So if not suspensions what do u recommend for the mods that insure no stuck during the trip?
FollowupID: 740981

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 18:34

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 18:34
Hi Andrew, agree with your comment regarding it is the spring that sags not the shock but I was making the comment broadly based on if you went the OME route you will end up with their springs as well which has been an issue in the past.

Thank you for clarifying just the same
FollowupID: 740982

Sponsored Links