Jimboomba campers

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 15:14
ThreadID: 89403 Views:7433 Replies:6 FollowUps:17
This Thread has been Archived
:
has anyone got a Jimboomba soft floor camper trailer? What is the opinion of them. Just cannot decide on what to buy, Just too expensive to get a really good hard floor one. I am concerned about wet weather in a soft floor, mud and water coming in or up through the floor etc. Also how long they take to put up, as a hard floor is much quicker. The cost is so much for Kimberley, tvans,pioneer and the Ultimate and all the other good brand hard floors. We were considering a soft floor now, as the cost is a bit lower and they do have more room. Still it is a personal choice. All those soft camper trailer owners out there, please give me some feedback. We live at Jimboomba so that is quite handy for us.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldbaz. NSW. - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 15:46

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 15:46
Hi Julie, we have been over most of Oz in our softfloor C/t & have never had issues
with water coming through the floor . We do take care in site selection & tarp up in
wet weather to give a larger dry area around camper. Like you,we could never justify
the cost of the upmarket campers & have made do with a Chinese Oztrail top on a
good offroad trailer, & have no regrets. We found no value in the readymade jobs &
put one together we were happy with. We can put it up in 15 min..but have had
plenty of practice. I dont know the Jimboomba ..there are hundreds of brands
around now..I would be looking at used ones in your area.cheers....oldbaz.
AnswerID: 466916

Reply By: Isuzumu - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:25

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:25
As you can see from my profile picture we have a Jimboomba C/T and are very happy with it. It down the same track you have looking at hard floor campers, they were more than we wanted to pay and the ball weight on most was to much.
I believe the Jimboomba is probably the best value for money soft floor camper around. Like you can start around $8000 and go up to $38000, but you are start with a very good chassis from the lowest price to top of the range. And the alloy body is one of the reasons we brought it, take it down the beach no rust and no rust from stone chips.
This is the Jimboomba we own, which we paid $27000 hard to beat.

Site Link

AnswerID: 466920

Follow Up By: Julie S2 - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:43

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:43
Thanks for this info. It is great to read all the pro's and cons of c/t's. We will hire first I think to see if it suits us. Jimboomba trailers are just down the road from us, so should be no problem. Not sure what options to go for. I would like a slide out kitchen as I think they are more convenient. I do like the idea of being outside cooking rather than inside like a caravan. Food for thought.
FollowupID: 741047

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:16

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:16
Julie, another reason we brought a Jimboomba was resale, see if you can find a second hand one for sale probably not. Also Terry and Sue are great to deal with.

We sold our caravan to buy one, if you can afford the air suspension go for it, not just great for getting it level when setting up but brilliant on very rough roads and we have never broken anything in side.
FollowupID: 741059

Follow Up By: Julie S2 - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:18

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:18
Thanks again, will do that. Any help is great. thanks to all for the helpful hints.
FollowupID: 741060

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:57

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:57
Go down the road a bit further and compare Jimboomba C/Ts and Pacific C/Ts , one started the ally C/Ts and the other copied , wont go into who copied who ,,,
FollowupID: 741063

Follow Up By: Banjobush - Friday, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:17

Friday, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:17
Howdy,

We have a Jimboomba camper trailer which has been used twice just under 12 months old, it has the works its an explorer offroad model - excellent contiion - we are thinking a bout selling it as our children are getting older and not wanting to come with us anymore. Let me know if you are still looking for a Jimboomba camper trailer.

cheers
FollowupID: 743032

Reply By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:32

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:32
My wife and I were going through the same quandary just recently. The cost of the Hard Floor type I cant justify. We looked at all types of camper trailer including Jayco Outback

In the end we decided to keep our soft floor Cameron Camper Trailer. Its strong and roomy. The canvas is real canvas so its a little heavy to put up. If I dont use the annex it is a 15min job. With the full annex 35 minutes. 2 people make it easier just to unfold the tent over center if you know what I mean, other then that it is simple.

We purchased a good slide out kitchen and storage box before our recent trip and it was great.

Cheers
Wayne B
AnswerID: 466921

Follow Up By: Julie S2 - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:45

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:45
Thanks for the reply. So many campers to choose from makes it hard. I think I have researched myself out at the moment. We have brochures and booklets all over the house with hard floors, soft floors, Tvans etc. A lot to absorb. I think we are heading the soft floor option as the hard floor is too heavy and way too expensive. We could have heaps of options with a soft floor and still not be near the starting price of the hard floor.
FollowupID: 741048

Reply By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:52

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:52
Gday
It makes me wonder if JulieS2 works for Jimboomba soft floor trailers as she has asked the same question four times in the last couple of weeks and received the same answers.

Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 466926

Follow Up By: Julie S2 - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:56

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 16:56
I have only been on this site for about a week, however I was unsure of the way to use the feedback site. If I have asked this question several times it is because of that. I do NOT work for anyone(other than my husband) we are retired. Never had a camper of any sort, just tents and tarps.We are bushwalkers, so usually travel light. Just wanting to know the ideas out there. It always helps to get good answers. sorry if it has bothered you.
FollowupID: 741050

Follow Up By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:01

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:01
Thats ok Julie ..4 times in 13 days to me looks like an add . Happy travels . Call in some time for a cuppa.
Muzbry

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 741051

Follow Up By: Julie S2 - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:07

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:07
sounds great. Wish we could travel down there in style. DId it last year delivering a car for our son then flew back. Wish we could have driven back. We tented the whole way. Love to do it in a bit more comfort next time. Love Victoria. Son is now in Tassie, so will drive down and visit, pass through the Great ocean road if possible.
Cheers.
FollowupID: 741053

Follow Up By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:07

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:07
Hi Julie,
Click on His photo! the shirt tells it all.
(sorry Muz)
Regards Mike.
FollowupID: 741054

Follow Up By: Julie S2 - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:11

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:11
very good, that is cool. Love the place you were at. It is a great idea putting up photos. Maybe catch you up one of these days when we can escape the family drama's here in QLD.
FollowupID: 741057

Follow Up By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:12

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:12
Gday Mike

Now come on Mike .. I'm not realy that bad . My family loves me

Muzbry

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 741058

Follow Up By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:20

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 17:20
Gday Julie
I recon the best place to buy things like a camper , is just down the road as well. We have had an Outback soft floor camper for 10 years now and no trouble. They are just down the road. I looked up the Jimboomba trailer and it looks ok to me , but to far away for me to buy .

Muzbry

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 741062

Follow Up By: landed eagle - Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 22:44

Thursday, Oct 06, 2011 at 22:44
A mate of mine has just had Jimboomba delivered to Hobart. I think it is the Madison Staircase model. He's very happy with it and considering he's one of the fussiest blokes I know that's saying something.Has had it out for about three or four trips of only a couple of nights here and there to get the feel of it ready for a big trip next year.
FollowupID: 741091

Follow Up By: Julie S2 - Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 08:33

Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 08:33
Makes me envious hearing about people getting away here and there. Cannot wait to do this in a camper, when we get one that is! We have Christmas at our place this year and being on acreage, and doing house reno's is keeping us here. Too much mowing and I mean by push mower!! No ride on's here. Painting, fixing up stuff. I think owning a home and land is SO over Rated!!! LOL

However we will start looking soon for the C/T and will perhaps hire first to see how long it all takes to put up etc.
Good to hear the feed back on all campers. Just getting time to go out and look will be a blessing.

Tell your mate we may see him in Tassie next March.

Cheers
Julie
FollowupID: 741100

Follow Up By: Member - sue l - Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 22:51

Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 22:51
Hi Julie, we went to many camping shows etc and researched many CT's before we decided on our jimboomba. We just picked it up a few weeks ago - the service you get at jimboomba is excellent Sue and Terry are really friendly and they listen to what you want. I would recommend them to any one not to mention they are great value for money.
FollowupID: 741157

Reply By: oz doc - Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 09:43

Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 09:43
HI Julie, we have a soft floor camper and have just come back from a wet and muddy camping excursion. When we arrived at our campsite in the national park after travelling in some slushy muddy trails the car and camper were covered in mud. It was the first time we ever thought 'gee an off the floor camper like an ultimate might be easier'. However it turned out not to be a problem really. We just used a bucket of water to rinse a little mud off the set up side of the camper,put down some cheap plastic painters drop sheets on the ground ($3 from bunnings) and set up as usual. Our particular camper has a plastic floor which joins the walls about 10 cm up from the ground which is handy if it has been raining and the ground is really wet- keeps the canvas from sitting in the mud and wet. We have camped in some heavy rain conditions and not really had a problem. Don't forget you can always supplement your water proofing with a tarp or similar if you are expecting some heavy rain. As you pointed out soft floor campers give you more room and the price makes them more affordable. We had a look at what was on offer at the caravan and camping show- great to compare them all side by side and set up. We then hired out the one we thought we wanted before deciding to buy. We ended up buying an ex hire camper from the company which brought the price down further- we didn't need it brand spanking new for our camping needs. Another bonus of hiring one out is you get to see what they are like after some wear and tear and note any weak spots/design flaws. Plus you get to use the features and help decide what you think is important and what is really just a gimmick. Everyone has their own idea of camping so what you think is an essential feature may not be important to another. Have fun with your research- its all part of the experience.doc.
AnswerID: 466983

Follow Up By: Julie S2 - Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 16:25

Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 16:25
wow this is great information. You have really got some experience which is good to note. Having experienced some very wet outback trips it is important to find out all this stuff. We have been stuck in Birdsville for 3 days in rain and mud. Just in a tent and sitting under tarps. With high winds etc. Done this a couple of times now. Made a very wet desert trip. Would have been nice to have some cover away from wind blowing in rain! At least with a lighter camper we could tow it to Birdsville and leave it there when we cross the desert. The advice on the drop sheets in great and extra tarps. I think taking as many precautions as possible to stay dry and clean. Although staying clean is probably not that possible regardless of the camper you are in. Thanks again.

Julie
FollowupID: 741126

Reply By: luhuanhuan l - Saturday, Nov 26, 2011 at 17:35

Saturday, Nov 26, 2011 at 17:35
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Spamming Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
AnswerID: 471027

Sponsored Links