Ultimate ct owners

Submitted: Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 14:46
ThreadID: 89423 Views:2019 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Thinking of buying one of these. One thought occurred to us: that the camper flips over to the right, on the driver's side, whereas most hard floor campers flip behind. Does this side-flip create problems at rest areas where you normally pull in to the left, leaving room for passing traffic on the right (access road) seems to me this side-flip effectively makes your camper double the normal width.

Also, at caravan parks, would you normally turn the camper at right angles for the same reason?

Really like the design and have been eyeing them for a while but this has just occurred to us.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rob D (NSW) - Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 15:47

Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 15:47
We have had an Ultimate for about 5 years now and have travelled about 75,000 km in it. We love it, and after looking at all of the alternatives, we believe it it the best by far. The folding out to the drivers side has not caused us any major problems, however, we usually explain this to the camp ground managers when booking a site. You need to think about the position of the annex as well. The annex is at the back of the camper trailer not the side as in a normal caravan, again this has not caused us any problems.
In a camp ground it is a legal requirement that the tow bar faces the road to allow for quick exit in case of fire or what ever else.
If you relax at a faster pace you can get more relaxation in for a given time.
Regards Rob

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 467013

Reply By: Findanomad - Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 16:34

Friday, Oct 07, 2011 at 16:34
The only time we had an issue was at the revamped Agnes Water CP where they struggled to understand that our CT opened sideways. Othersie never been an issue.
AnswerID: 467021

Reply By: Member - rochelle s - Wednesday, Oct 12, 2011 at 14:26

Wednesday, Oct 12, 2011 at 14:26
hiya, we have a new ultimate xtrak, and before that we had a trak shak which also opened to the side. and it had a huge annex that then came out also!
we only ever had one problem and the cp moved us to a more suitable site, i would not change them now, i love our xtrak
cp beware we are on the way! he he
AnswerID: 467437

Sponsored Links