Wildflowers in the Stirling Ranges

We've been following the wildflowers South and enjoyed finding these beauties in and around the Stirling Ranges last week...

Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found

There were, of course, many, many others, but I couldn't take photos of them all - had to take some snaps of the kids etc. as well.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Monday, Oct 10, 2011 at 21:30

Monday, Oct 10, 2011 at 21:30
Hi Mary-Theresa,

Half your luck being in the Stirling Ranges - what a wonderful place it is. Thanks for putting up these beautiful photos.

Your "not sure" flowers are Vanilla Orchids BTW.

Cheers,

Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 467297

Follow Up By: Member - Mary-Teresa R- Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011 at 01:04

Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011 at 01:04
Thanks Val for the Vanilla Orchids.
FollowupID: 741410

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Monday, Oct 10, 2011 at 22:43

Monday, Oct 10, 2011 at 22:43
Hi Mary - Teresa

They are magnificent photos. So yourself the biggest favour and put them into a Blog, just as I have done for Spring Gully where I live. In that way Val can link them to her Wildflower Blogs and they will not get lost in the system.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 467305

Follow Up By: Member - Mary-Teresa R- Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011 at 01:06

Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011 at 01:06
Will do, Stephen. Thanks for the tip
FollowupID: 741411

Reply By: westskip - Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:06

Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:06
Hi Mary Teresa

We're leaving Perth on Sunday for a couple of days in Kojonup then on to the Stirlings for another couple of days. Chasing wildflowers of course so they should still be looking good by the time we get there.

By the way where did you stay while in the Stirlings and how as it?

Many thanks

John & Helen
AnswerID: 467317

Follow Up By: Member - Mary-Teresa R- Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:46

Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:46
Hi John and Helen,

I wish we'd spent a day or so in Kojonup - seemed a good place to poke around for a bit of local history.

We stayed at the Mount Trio Bush Camp Ground and Caravan Park. It was excellent! It had hot showers, toilets, powered and unpowered sites, a campers kitchen with fridge, sink, kettle, bbq, hot plates and toaster, a table tennis table and a sandpit (covered all our kids) AND a communal camp fire and a cooking fire. How often do you get all of that together?? People came and went - quieter during the week but the powered sites filled up on the weekend - they all seemed to leave on Sunday, though. Couple of little walks you can do from the campground and lots of wildflowers. They are on the web if you need more info.

Hope you have a great time! It was a rainy when we were there so we didn't get much walking in.

Mary-Teresa
FollowupID: 741423

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (11)