New years eve Fraser Island

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 03, 2012 at 09:17
ThreadID: 90978 Views:2796 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
For the first time ever, I saw the New Year in wearing a jacket on Fraser Island. Maybe I am getting old or it is Global Warming but it was strange wearing a jacket and others searching for blankets. Did't matter but we still had a good time. Cheers Mick.Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rumpig - Tuesday, Jan 03, 2012 at 09:49

Tuesday, Jan 03, 2012 at 09:49
yes has been quite cool around the SEQ parts this Summer.
a big sarcastic thank you must go to all the clowns over the years, who have been the reason for fires being banned on the island these days
AnswerID: 473929

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 03, 2012 at 22:17

Tuesday, Jan 03, 2012 at 22:17
I agree, gone are the days when camping on Fraser Island was a great experience.

We used to camp there several times a year for many years when people respected the place.

Now the Vermin camp up there and treat it like a council tip.

FollowupID: 748820

Follow Up By: Member - Justin O (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 03, 2012 at 23:06

Tuesday, Jan 03, 2012 at 23:06
Like the ones who used to ringbark several trees on their departure so the had a supply of firewood the following year esp around the Waddy Point area.
FollowupID: 748823

Follow Up By: rumpig - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 09:58

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 09:58
i will say though, the sand is much nicer to camp on these days without having all the black ash mixed through out it. i can remember how black your feet used to get just from walking around camp due to the ash mixed in with the sand.

hey Michael and Chris...
how did you go with the incoming tide and your campsite over xmas period? i've read of a few people having a "rouge wave" come into their campsite on xmas morning, aswell as a few others having campsites getting wet from the ocean on boxing day.
FollowupID: 748852

Follow Up By: Member - Michael and Chris (QL - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 21:47

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 21:47
Hi Rumpig,
We arrived on the 27th but had friends up there for a week before. They told us they had one wave come thru their camp on the king tide but caused no damage. They also had the worst of the bad weather. I would say Fraser was much cleaner this trip and all I could put it down to is the guided backpaccer tours, they now have someone to keep an eye on how they leave their campsites which is a good thing. Fishing was ordinary as it was too windy on the Eastern beach but we had a go anyhow ( the youngest boy got into some Whiting up at Waddy Point)Image Could Not Be Found
FollowupID: 748942

Sponsored Links