Wiring Harness for Isuzu Dmax radio/cd player (OME)

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 03, 2012 at 18:51
ThreadID: 90988 Views:7942 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all

I had a brain wave not long ago to put the original radio from the Dmax into the caravan.

First problem I have is that I have not got the original wiring harness for the radio. The installer in Adelaide gave me the old radio, but not the harness.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a generic harness.

I have thought of going to Radio installers, but I thought there maybe online places that may sell what I want.

The radio was made by Fujitsu Ten, and its model number is 898154 1440.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dave B ( BHQ NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 10:40

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 10:40
Bob, maybe you could get a radio plug from a wrecker that would fit in your old radio.
All you would need is a wiring diagram for the hookup of speakers and power then.

cheers
Dave
'Wouldn't be dead for quids'

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 474024

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 17:03

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 17:03
G'day Dave

I've got a wiring diagram, but as the next 'follow up' suggests I will go to autobarn or even a radio installer and pick up a harness.

Failing that the 16 pins are 2.8 mm and I could probably fit those female connectors on to them. It would be a bit fiddly, but I have the wiring diagram.
FollowupID: 748904

Reply By: Member - Vince M (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 16:21

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 16:21
Boo Boo
all the larger auto stores carry the conversion kits & In most cases you need 2
when fitting a new brand to car
Eg fit pioneer to Nissan you need pioneer to Nissan adaptor (2 items approx $30)
if you buy Dmax to ? you should have the correct fitting that plugs into your original car stereo, I just did this with my patrol stereo & now have the patrol stereo fitted in camper with the patrol you also have to buy a aerial adaptor as well as it has this weird 2 lead cable
AnswerID: 474037

Follow Up By: Member - Vince M (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 16:30

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 16:30
make sure you get the correct plug as you will find some are female & others our male take the unit with you, as your down at Narooma now if you head north at Nowra
Frankies auto & Auto Pro both have a large selection at Nowra
FollowupID: 748900

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 17:06

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 17:06
Vince

If I can't get it in Campbelltown I'll check out Frankies.

I tried the auto an Jaycar shops in Narooma, but they couldn't help.

FollowupID: 748905

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 20:55

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 20:55
Boo Boo,

I've picked up a few at Supercheap, mainly for Toyotas though.

If the D-Max radio is a Fujitsu, Boo Boo, then it should give excellent performance, reception-wise, in your van. They've been fitted to toyotas for years, and have always given good reception in outback areas.

Good luck,

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 474062

Reply By: Hi-ryder - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 21:25

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 21:25
Hi Boo Boo Has the cd/Radio have a security code ??? If it has each time you use the van it means you got to re enter the code . Nothing major just a pain. Also when wiring it up put both 12v and contant on the same a switch so when its parked up the radio is not drawing power . I brought a after market radio for mine cheap as chips and does not need a code . Just a thought
AnswerID: 474067

Reply By: The Bantam - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 21:49

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2012 at 21:49
There is a company called AEROPRO, that supplies most of the industry with car aerials, and car radio installation bits.

They have a heap of different adaptors in their catalogue.

pioneer to holden, clarion to toyota and so forth, they also have a range of "tails" that is the plug to a fist full of wires.

The problem you have is not usnusual, plenty of ham fisted installers out there don't know their stuff and chop off the loom in the car.....so the poor sucker with some workmanship, buys these tails to make good.

Lots of auto shops stock a limited range of AERIOPRO stuff, but can almost certainly order in what you need.
Ask the man to get out his AERIOPRO catalogue and have a look.

One of the distributers of AERIOPRO is Radio Parts Group.. but you will need an account to buy of them.

cheers
AnswerID: 474069

Reply By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Monday, Jan 23, 2012 at 07:01

Monday, Jan 23, 2012 at 07:01
Sorry for the late reply fellas, but I left my computer at my daughters place for a few weeks and have only been able to pick it up this weekend.

I checked several radio places and auto barns etc and one installer said that as it was OME I would have difficulty getting what I wanted, if at all.

So, after considerable time and fuel I thought stuff this and went to JB and bought a radio with CD player and Ipod inlet on special for $75.

Now all I have to do is get the wiring and ariel and put it in.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

AnswerID: 475750

Sponsored Links