Farewell to an old and faithful friend

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 07, 2012 at 17:57
ThreadID: 91071 Views:2303 Replies:12 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Image Could Not Be FoundThe wife and I have just said a sad farewell to and old devoted and faithful mate of 14.5 yrs.
May the fleas of a thousand afghan camels infect the crutch of your enemy and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - Phil B (WA) - Saturday, Jan 07, 2012 at 18:22

Saturday, Jan 07, 2012 at 18:22
Hi Mike

Sorry to hear the tragic news, 14.5 years of great times and fun, it just doesn't seem fair they leave us so soon.

All the best to Chris

cheers
There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 474306

Reply By: Shaker - Saturday, Jan 07, 2012 at 18:51

Saturday, Jan 07, 2012 at 18:51
Tha saddest day of my life was when I had to say goodbye to my 18 year old Kelpie.
My thoughts are with you.

AnswerID: 474308

Reply By: Bigfish - Saturday, Jan 07, 2012 at 19:50

Saturday, Jan 07, 2012 at 19:50
Very sorry to hear about your lose. I know I get really upset when I lose a good mate. My current dog still has a few good years left . Big part of the family.
Looks like he was a keen 4wd adventurer too!

cheers
AnswerID: 474315

Reply By: Member - John Baas (WA) - Saturday, Jan 07, 2012 at 21:58

Saturday, Jan 07, 2012 at 21:58
Hi Mike.

Most sorry to hear that; a good set of years but you miss them so much anyway, undiminished.

Best.

AnswerID: 474330

Reply By: dazren - Saturday, Jan 07, 2012 at 23:40

Saturday, Jan 07, 2012 at 23:40
YEP !! It hurts big time !! been there, done that a few times now, BUT you know what ?? you gave him a wonderful life, and he has repayed you many times over, That is why it hurts so much, You will feel better, but you will never forget, dazren
AnswerID: 474341

Reply By: Member - Welldone (WA) - Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 03:16

Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 03:16
Sorry to hear of Charlie's final goodbye.
We recently said it to our beloved Kelpie X Lab of nearly 17 adventure filled years.
Their absence hurts terribly, especially when you go to do something that the hound usually does with you, or when you go outside first thing in the morning and there's no eagerly wagging tail happy to see you, or well someone comes to the door and there is no warning bark, or when they used to curled up at your feet by a campfire that's when you miss them the most.
The ball doesn't come back any more....:(
Vale Charlie
AnswerID: 474346

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 06:52

Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 06:52
I know exactly how you feel, my thoughts are with you, and Charlie's spirit will always be with you and he'll be waiting with all the other faithful EO friends for their masters at the Dogs Rainbow Bridge, I'm sure Charlie and Dusty will get along fine.

Doug
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 474348

Follow Up By: Member - sangster(Vic) - Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 10:54

Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 10:54
our condolences to you both, Charlie will always be with you , we have been in the same boat and we remember them all, Shep,Bonny, Ciindy, they are our really
true companions...and our love now Millie ...
Stan
FollowupID: 749291

Reply By: Member - Col G (WA) - Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 10:48

Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 10:48
Mike and Chris

Sorry to hear of your loss, try to find comfort in the fact that you gave him a wonderful home for 14.5 years.

Kind regards

Col and Julia.
AnswerID: 474362

Reply By: Kimba10 - Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 13:59

Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 13:59
The day you laid me down to sleep
you prayed to the Lord; my soul to keep
I know you had to send me on my way
but you sent me to a new; better; and much brighter day

You sent me home; to heaven above
where I'm cradled in God's arms; covered with His love
I understand what you did; you did out of love
and I'll return that love; from my new home above

My sickness is gone; and I'm free here to roam
I run and play in the meadows; here in my new home
We play here by the Bridge; from morning to night
there is no rain here; just warm sunlight

I know you all miss me; I miss you all too
but I'll always be with you; whatever you do
Please wipe the tears; from your weeping eyes
by remembering the good times; from days gone by

When you look out; into the dark of night
I'll be that bright star; your guiding light
We'll meet again at the Bridge one day
when we'll walk in the light; together to stay

This wasnt written by me but thought it was appropriate for you at this time

We have lost two in the last two years, my wife keeps saying no more as it rips her apart every time we have to say good by to them but we will get another next year for our 3 nearly 4 year old (child) as she misses the old shepard/collie so much....Previous to that was our rottie, she was a great dog as well........... Some one else on here actually wrote a poem and posted when we lost ours but for the life of me cant find it. I was a member then so maybe the reason why............
AnswerID: 474381

Reply By: miloaussieguy - Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 16:12

Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 16:12
sorry to hear about charlie passing away, i had to say good by to my much loved border collie dog ben, had him for 8 years after a family near by moved and couldnt take him, he was around 14 when he left about just over 12 months now..
they become such a big part of the family

ben home after a walk...
AnswerID: 474393

Reply By: 4 runner - Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 21:22

Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 21:22
The passing of a best friend (Pet) is one of the worst experiences that one can go through. So sorry about Charlie, but it sounds like he had a good life and was loved by your family, take something from that not all dogs are that lucky.

I myself have two old labs, both are 14, had them since 6 weeks, they survive on tramadol and rymadol at a cost each week more than my mortgage.

Could never call them dogs, have never had a holiday away from them and slept inside since day one.

My day is coming up very soon and that will be the worst day of my life.

All the best
AnswerID: 474416

Reply By: Member - Bentaxle - Monday, Jan 09, 2012 at 22:24

Monday, Jan 09, 2012 at 22:24
Chris and I would like to thank you all for your kind thoughts they have gone along way to helping soften the blow. Unfortunately Charlie wasn't a great fan of motor vehicle, he actually hated being in one, so he couldn't share in our travels. As soon as he saw us getting ready for a trip the 'silent treatment' started and would continue for up to two days after our return depending on the trip duration, he sure knew how to make us feel guilty.

Thanks agin for your thoughts
Mike & Chris.
May the fleas of a thousand afghan camels infect the crutch of your enemy and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 474524

Sponsored Links