I thought it was my trailer??

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 13:44
ThreadID: 91156 Views:2849 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I purchased my camper trailer about 6 years ago directly from the manufacture and all was good. We did a 6 month trip in 2009 and a few small ones since.
For the 1st time in nearly 2 year I dragged the trailer out for a small trip.
I noticed the rego sticker was out of date, I checked with the cheese and kisses and she thought she had paid it. Well guess what, it has not been paid in 2 years. Thats because, according to Vic Roads we sold it in 2008 and thus we were not sent the rego notice. The CT has been transferred into someone else. Who owns the CT that I thought I owned?
Vic Roads are working on the problem, probably "just a typo".

Just wanted to share that.
Wato
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Big Woody - Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 13:53

Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 13:53
Yes this happened when we purchased a car for my wife.
We purchased it in July and transferred the rego as per usual process.
In February when the rego was due I was waiting for the bill and it didn't arrive.
Went into Queensland Transport armed with all of the evidence from our purchase just in case we needed it.

It turns out it was a typo error made by QT staff and it had been transferred into somebody elses name that had the same surname and a drivers license number that only differed by 1 digit. We did not know that person.

What are the chances of that?

It was a bit concerning to find that through no fault of our own we were driving an unregistered vehicle for a few days until I picked up that the sticker had expired.

Brett
AnswerID: 474667

Follow Up By: Honky - Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 16:54

Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 16:54
In queelsland it is a $240 fine if unregistered even for just a few days.
The Qld police have the radar that reads your number plate and determines if it is registered. All in a blink of an eye
From what I understand just because you did not get the renewal is irrelevant.

Honky
FollowupID: 749633

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 17:05

Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 17:05
Registration in QLD is NOT valid proof of ownership of a vehicle ,never has been , Bill of sale is required to establish proof .
AnswerID: 474675

Follow Up By: Member Andys Adventures - Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 17:37

Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012 at 17:37
That applies in all states never has been proof of ownership. Registration is to identify the person who is responsible for that car.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 749636

Sponsored Links