CEM/PROMA

Submitted: Friday, Jan 13, 2012 at 16:18
ThreadID: 91199 Views:1815 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. Can anyone tell me if they have heard or tried either of the above fuel/oil additives and if so any comments on their proformance/effectiveness. Thank you for any comments.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Friday, Jan 13, 2012 at 16:58

Friday, Jan 13, 2012 at 16:58
I have been using Proma products for years and am really pleased with it.
Stops the dreaded algea.
Helps keep the fuel injection system clean.
Disperses small amounts of water that amy enter when filling in the rain.
Disperses water that is a result of condensation in tanks.
Also as I tend to store diesel in the shed I add this product to fuel for storage.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 474838

Reply By: Member - Wamuranman - Friday, Jan 13, 2012 at 21:13

Friday, Jan 13, 2012 at 21:13
Hi Mandy,

I agree with Dodger.
I use Pro-Ma DT5Plus diesel fuel additive.
Not only does it treat algae, water in fuel etc it also assists with the low sulphur diesel of today as it contains PBAL (according to label).
I found the injectors are quieter and it does seem to keep the fuel system clean. I buy a 5 litre container and it lasts me about a year. I use it every second tamkful approx.
I personally do not worry with oil additives as the oils of today are of very high standard and if you buy a good quality and correct oil for your vehicle I believe you should not need an additive. But for fuel yes because no matter how clean it is - can still get moisture in tank from condensation, or when refilling in the rain, and it is low sulphure as well.
Cheers

AnswerID: 474856

Follow Up By: Mandy B - Friday, Jan 13, 2012 at 22:10

Friday, Jan 13, 2012 at 22:10
Thanks for that. How much do you put in per tank full
Mandy
FollowupID: 749800

Follow Up By: Member - Wamuranman - Friday, Jan 13, 2012 at 22:19

Friday, Jan 13, 2012 at 22:19
I think its 1ml per litre of fuel.
Cheers
FollowupID: 749801

Reply By: olcoolone - Friday, Jan 13, 2012 at 22:34

Friday, Jan 13, 2012 at 22:34
Products like this will go down in history with spring water companies telling you you need to drink 8 liters of their water a day to keep health.

I challenge anyone who uses stuff like this to show me their data they have collected to backup their claims proving the advantages of using and the disadvantages of not using it.

Sure it can work in some situations but they are few and far between.

With over 25 years in light, heavy and earthmoving mechanical I have never seen the advantages of it (except water and algae in large fuel tanks) but I have read many carefully scripted ads and so called reports.

Save you money and use it on something useful.
AnswerID: 474863

Follow Up By: Member - Oldbaz. NSW. - Saturday, Jan 14, 2012 at 09:29

Saturday, Jan 14, 2012 at 09:29
What a pessimistic soul, olcoolone. Next thing you will be telling us ShooRoo &
Cyclone dont really work either....:))))
We do seem to be bombarded with all sorts of spurious, unproven claims for a lot of
stuff these days, & the rank stupidity of what passes as tv advertising is beyond belief.
But I guess it all comes down to.."you pays your money & you makes your choice".
Must go & put some more of that cream on that will make me look 10 years younger.
cheers....oldbaz.
FollowupID: 749835

Sponsored Links